• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkels??

Depending where and when you wheel ;) Bottom line is I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I've used my snorkel (as in been in water above hood level) 3 times since I put it on. First time I didn't really have much choice... second time... same thing... third time... I just had fun crossing a river ;)

yup, thats my thinking, too. Not like it weighs more than like 5lbs total.

:)

Bottom line is I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

so a snorkel = king stahlman?
CA948672.gif

yup, thats my thinking, too. Not like it weighs more than like 5lbs total.

:)

It isn't the weight that is the problem.

It is having to tell your parents you are lastara

These posts have cracked me up.

So who was it that set me up!!??

I don't remember their post before they deleted it. :D
you set yourself up by saying you wanted a snorkel!!!:twak:

Most of their families were also from another country too.
Oh and if you see a red XJ in LA mostly the San Fernando Valley, with a snorkel, that would be me. Just installed it after several years of close calls. Good insurance yes. Wheels in many other areas and states yes. Hope It's not needed but hey, I'd rather be laughed at than rebuilding my rig from a little water.

People laugh at me why I carry spare motor mounts but more then ones they took advantage of 'em (fan through radiator is not fun ;) ). People laugh at me why I carry spare power steering hoses... but from what I recall I've given up my spares twice.... people laugh why I carry two spare fan belts but I"ve given up those more often then I can remember....

So yeah... people laugh at my snorkel but then I laugh at those that have to dry their filters and drain their filter boxes after water crossing
907muw.jpg

Btw, that was a close call for him..... he killed engine right at the end and got pulled the rest of the way onto the shore ;)

Back