• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

Great looking truck! What are the mechanicals?

Thanks! Here are the specs:

Hi-output 4.0
Chrysler 8.25 front
Dana 35 rear
Re-geared to 4:56 soon to be 4:88
NP231
SYE
Hi Flo Water pump
Hi output Alt
5.5" RE Lift
15x8 MT Sidebiter rims

What I added/Replaced:
Everything on the exterior except the headlights and side views were replaced in the refurb. Replaced old aftermarket bumpers with Warns both front/rear. Added Top-hat rack & massive Hellas.

What's next:
-4:88s
-New tow hitch & wiring kit (old one wouldn't fit under new bumper)
-Dual optimas

Not too distant future:

-Interior refurb. I'm rebuilding this rig in a Geo-Trek style, when complete it will be outfitted & capable (and used) for a trip from Sac to Anchorage, Alaska... and beyond, lol!

Very Very clean rig man. Very nice.

Wow, that's some great work! Really like the color you went with too.

...thanks! Yeah, I did some serious searching for a good color.. I wanted something new & cool since it's a full refurb & upgrade... I'm really happy with it! Now it's time to get it dirty, lol.. :party:

DSCF4054-2.jpg

Its about to undergo some surgery here in the very near future too. I just got the 35s from a buddy for 80 dollars and threw them on for now. along with a wash LOL

D0nt_H8's 1992 XJ Rebuild

There are some great rigs here! What I'm about to show you is my just finished rebuild. It took some time to complete, and even longer to save for..

So, this is what I started with. 1992 XJ, not bad but definitely a little weathered. Paint was faded, front & rear bumpers rusted out.

indie_1.jpg
indie_2.jpg

Fenders had been seriously butchered before I got the rig.. the kid who owned it before me opened up a 3 inch section in the rear from which you could see inside the panels..
8.jpg

9.jpg

...front fenders had been killed as well.
92xjResized_001.jpg

92xjResized_002.jpg

... so some serious work was in order:
11-18%20001_R.jpg

11-23_001R.jpg

11-24_002R.jpg

11-24_003R.jpg

NwWhls_11.jpg

11-18%20008_R.jpg

(Yes, that would be one of two replacement front fenders! There was no hope for the others...

Add goodies & shake well:
11-23_004R.jpg

...and hopefully it comes out the way you want it to!
1-9-10_3.jpg

1992 Cherokee XJ
205,000mi
5.5in lift / 35s

Did you do anything with your air intake (cowl, aftermarket filter, etc)? I really like the idea of hood vents, and yours look well-done - what kind of vents are they & where did you find them? Do you have a write-up on that particular install/fab?

well i took my shocks off today to flex and measure for new shocks because i have ripped mine out a few too many times. And since i put the 35s and my shocks are shot figured i should get some new shocks too.These were taken with my cel phone
020510173928.jpg

020510173817.jpg

LOL I havent washed it in a while and one of my buddies wants to see my actual paint and see how it looks. (its rattle can) so i told him i would wash it and clean it up so he can see how it actually looks all cleaned up

i havent needed to wash mine yet, the rains keeping mine clean =) but i just got these wheels today im pretty excited, now its time to go get some flex shots.
1265750864.jpg

Did you do anything with your air intake (cowl, aftermarket filter, etc)? I really like the idea of hood vents, and yours look well-done - what kind of vents are they & where did you find them? Do you have a write-up on that particular install/fab?

Thanks for the mention. The hood vents came out great. I got them from a company called 'RunCool' (clicky). They were cut before painting. It was a replacement hood as well. I was working on so many other things at the time (this rig is a full refurb job, and as you saw in the pics there was lots of work, lol) so no I didn't get many pix of that.. i do have couple tho (sorry they're not closer)... but no write-up:

12-12-009-01.jpg
12-07-009-4.jpg
12-12-009-02.jpg

I am installing on Monday a new K&N intake kit & Throttle body spacer. Anyone have experience with chips in a 92? I wonder what kind of real performance boost u get.. if any! :peace:

Hi Im Jason, In reno.

99XJ 4.0 AW4, RE SF 4.5, protofab front bumper, 33 10.50 KM2's, ruff stuff diff covers, stock tcase, front and gas skid, currie steering, ZJ axle shafts, custom 2x6 rocker replacements (thanks to ericXJ for the motovation) lockrite in the front 8.25 rear a couple more things...
Her most recent pic:
Delores_twister_Bud009.jpg

Delores_twister_Bud083.jpg

I was in the middle of my RMS install today (Feb 15) and had to run to Reibes on Pacific Street in Rocklin around 1:00. On the way there, I saw two nicely equipped XJs, one flat black, the other red with lights, parked at the gas station on Pacific and Rocklin Road. Both had lifts and appeared to be heading somplace fun. More fun, say, that under my own XJ during a RMS install...

Anybody claim those Cherokees? I wanted to turn around and meet up, but driving a Civic would not cut it. I'm hoping you guys were NAXJA members and have a good story to tell. The weather was great for wheeling.

Hi Im Jason, In reno.

99XJ 4.0 AW4, RE SF 4.5, protofab front bumper, 33 10.50 KM2's, ruff stuff diff covers, stock tcase, front and gas skid, currie steering, ZJ axle shafts, custom 2x6 rocker replacements (thanks to ericXJ for the motovation) lockrite in the front 8.25 rear a couple more things...
Her most recent pic:
Delores_twister_Bud009.jpg

Delores_twister_Bud083.jpg

Hey that is a good lookin rig! I have wheeled with that rig! What up Jason! :peace:

Back