• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

dude, nicely done.

Nice to see one come back from a "Near Death Experience." Looks great.

I have had fun with what I have done so far. I PO was ready to junk it so yes it was a near death experience.

JRW, what paint did you use? Looks amazing

Lol I get a lot of people asking how and what I used, its just Satin Black Rustoleum from Lowes (about 5 cans worth). The old clear coat was toast so I had to do something. I sanded down all the clear then took my time and hit it with the satin black.

Wow that looks great. You should submit that to Off Road Adventures before and after section. I'm sure you'd win

I have and still am considering it for sure, I have a few more things I would like to do first.

dude, nicely done.

Thank you for all the compliments, there are a lot of very nice XJ here so to get some compliments on mine is pretty cool. I still have a lot to do (as do most of us) I will post more as I do more, next are some custom sliders and a new front bumper.

Here are a few more random pics

The clear coat.
picture.php

Sanding and masking.
picture.php

After the first coat and and some textured stuff along the bottom.
picture.php

After some new and new/used parts.
picture.php

IMG00089.jpg

IMG00088.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

here is my 90 2 door. it has a 3 inch lift with goodyear 31 inch duratrack. thats about it. i got it for free so im just rebuilding it right now.

Last edited:
DSCF4058-1.jpg

DSCF4061.jpg

DSCF4062.jpg

This one cost me 60 for a windshield for a ladys zj and i had to figure out where it was leaking coolent from for this jeep. All together it cost me 150. The only thing that was wrong with it is the steering column was broken and I had a steering column from a two door im parting out, so that didnt cost me anything. The only thing i need to do is redo the head liner because it is sagging.
Its a 92 4.0 aw4 231 30/8.1/4. it has different size tires right now but i have a full set of matching for it already.

DSCF4067.jpg

This one is my sister in laws that she picked up for 475. just needed a fuel line. Runs good it is her DD for now until she saves up for another car and then it will be a trail rig too.

DSCF4475.jpg

And that is my trail rig.

Poomero, nice XJ especially for free.

Thanks.

It wasnt this nice when i got it. i did the lift, rims and tires, changed the steering column, replaced the headliner tinted the windows, replaced all the vacuum lines put new brakes and the vents on the hood. now im fighting with a shifting problem! i think the TPS is bad but i dont know how to test it. im no good with electrical.

you got to get back out there. its fun! i have been in for a little over a year and we have about 8 people that go with us to the doins. my buddy is going to retread 58 next time we have the doins.

Here's mine as it stands now, though i plan to throw in a hp44 front and a 9in rear when i can find one and build up a new front and rear bumper. 89, np231, air aid intake, 3.5 in lift. stock axles and gears.

that looks really good for an 89! what are the tires? 32's? Nice lookin rig

@tayman- ya they are 33's. this is its good side. there is some body damage on the passenger side, but overall in good condition.

@maxxj- ya, i just got it back from smog when i snapped this back in September. I noticed about an hour later when do 50 on the way to the river.

rknxj- I thought so too, but the guy I bought it off of said it was a 3.5" lift.

D0nt_H8's 1992 XJ Rebuild

There are some great rigs here! What I'm about to show you is my just finished rebuild. It took some time to complete, and even longer to save for..

So, this is what I started with. 1992 XJ, not bad but definitely a little weathered. Paint was faded, front & rear bumpers rusted out.

indie_1.jpg
indie_2.jpg

Fenders had been seriously butchered before I got the rig.. the kid who owned it before me opened up a 3 inch section in the rear from which you could see inside the panels..
8.jpg

9.jpg

...front fenders had been killed as well.
92xjResized_001.jpg

92xjResized_002.jpg

... so some serious work was in order:
11-18%20001_R.jpg

11-23_001R.jpg

11-24_002R.jpg

11-24_003R.jpg

NwWhls_11.jpg

11-18%20008_R.jpg

(Yes, that would be one of two replacement front fenders! There was no hope for the others...

Add goodies & shake well:
11-23_004R.jpg

...and hopefully it comes out the way you want it to!
1-9-10_3.jpg

1992 Cherokee XJ
205,000mi
5.5in lift / 35s

Mas Pics:

Had lower panels, all bumpers & roof Rhino-lined
1-9-10_7.jpg

01-09-10_1.jpg

So.. I'm doing an Arizona run this spring.. and I hope to do a 5-state trek this summer :sunshine:

Mas Pics:

Had lower panels, all bumpers & roof Rhino-lined
1-9-10_7.jpg

01-09-10_1.jpg

So.. I'm doing an Arizona run this spring.. and I hope to do a 5-state trek this summer :sunshine:

Great looking truck! What are the mechanicals?

Back