• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Deer Valley 2009 Trip Report

What are the specs on the White XJ with the white dog in it? Wondering how it did on those trails as it doesn't *look* too built in the pics, but might have lockers or something. Nice dog BTW!

I went with street tires, and open difs. without sharkxj, i would have had to try about 3 or 4 times to get through gate keeper, but i got it on the first stab... after that I only took a couple bypasses, that pik with the dog , and the major articulation, I was actually stuck for a moment, but my passenger pulled on the side of my jeep and I got through. I made it with no breakdowns, with a 35 rear, and only a broken pass side mirror.

Last edited:
I Am prety sure this was gate keeper from the top.
Picture570.jpg

GREAT time everyone thanks Mark for your skills as guide and chef great beans and ribs had a blast in more ways then one nice to meet new faces and see some again looking forword to it next year!!!
Great group and nothing major broke on the trail I broke my right front headlight crome and amber clerence light(because my co-pilot was sleeping on the trail) and hit a big tree branch while I looking out the driverside great pics everyone Ill try to post some

Deer Valley NAXJA 09 039.jpg Deer Valley NAXJA 09 060.jpg

We had a great time on this run. Thanks to everyone who was involved in setting it up. The spotters did a great job of keeping the caravan moving thru the trails. We'll run it again next year.

-Josh

great pics! sad i did'nt make it...but hey i have the con trip this weekend so its not that bad. looking forward to more pics!

Some more pictures from DV.

NAXJADeerValley09011.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09017.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09018.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09028.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09033.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09037.jpg

These are the end of the ones on my camera.

NAXJADeerValley09060.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09061.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09096.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09098.jpg

Again Mark, thank you for organizing this outing. It would not have been half the blast without you efforts. BrothrDave, to you and all that stayed behind to get my heep moving again, :thumbup:. Can't wait for the next GTG.

Kelly

Hey everyone. Good time was had here on this adventure. Haha jk it was fun. I wanted to do the whole trail with you guys but I started backwards lol. Major damage for me was hitting my head on the roof, other than that only bent a brakeline and tore my sidewalls up a bit from tire ware. I really thought I was going to get stuck, no tow points at all, but didn't. But it was nice to meet the ones I did half way into the trail. I got some pics illhave to post soon

Thanks to everyone who was there. I had a lot of fun and the people were really great. Thanks especially to the great spotters and to the people who gave me enough power steering fluid to finish the trail and get home. I was really impressed by the generosity and friendliness of everyone there.

Back