• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SCF2016! Need to know..

I think we can rule January out.

I think we're looking at the last weekend in April, but we need to confirm that...

April 22-24? Or April 29-May 1?

Cuz I can do April 22-24. ;)

April 22-24? Or April 29-May 1?

Cuz I can do April 22-24. ;)

I've proposed April 29 - May 1 as an option.

Folks, Sean is going to be event coordinator this time around, I've been slammed with work and it's not letting up, I'll be focusing on AAT and helping out where needed for the event but he's running point.

Make a decision and stick with it...

Prefer 22-24 Apr.

I dunno guys. I kinda like having it at Big Bear because then Avery and Cal won't show up...

:roflmao:

Sean who, never heard of him?

you must not be one of his associates then.

I'm game for a new spot. although, I do enjoy big bear, and I usually reserve SCF as my one time a year to go wheel up there.

I will say, I have been to truckhaven a number of times and the wheeling there is not like what we have done in the past. not very much crawling outside the training center. the "trails" are mostly just long dirt roads that weave in and out of the canyons. still plenty of fun to be had though.

I'd vote for Superstition over truckhaven,
IF we were to move the event that far south, its not much further than Truckhaven for those coming from the LA/OC area.
the wheeling is way better, its nearer to some cheap motels in the el centro area for those that don't want to camp in the open desert.

The only problem I have with Superstition is the wind. Is it ever not windy there?

same can be said for truckhaven and JV.

in fact, I have had much much worse wind at truckhaven than super.

what's it like at calico?

Prefer 22-24 Apr.
Nix this. last weekend of Apr. is better.
My boss is on vacation the week before, through the weekend. So, if 22-24 or the week before I won't be able to make it.

Nix this. last weekend of Apr. is better.
My boss is on vacation the week before, through the weekend. So, if 22-24 or the week before I won't be able to make it.

last weekend of april works for me. I always take my birthday off.

When is the normal announcement for official weekend, and campsites, trail run leaders, beer pong tourney, frisbee golf, etc?
Right meow?
On a more serious note, the date is usually figured out already.

Wow. You're right. By Jan 20th, most spots were already taken.
Good luck this year.

Maybe somebody should just step up and set this shindig up...... Or we may end up in JV on the lakebed.......... hell yeah.

Wow. You're right. By Jan 20th, most spots were already taken.
Good luck this year.

Maybe somebody should just step up and set this shindig up...... Or we may end up in JV on the lakebed.......... hell yeah.
OR maybe book some campsites, take a vaca in the mountains.. and if people happen to get their shit together, then maybe an event will happen?

2 theory's here:
#1 : If you build it, they will come.
#2 : Step 1 - steal underpants, step 2 - ???, step 3 - Profit!

Back