• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SCF2016! Need to know..

Not enough trails in calico

Ummm? You know there's more to calico than odessa, doran, and mule....right?

I'd venture a guess there is more driveable miles in calico than Big bear. I've run a LOT of trails out there and would be happy to lead a run.

Ummm? You know there's more to calico than odessa, doran, and mule....right?

I'd venture a guess there is more driveable miles in calico than Big bear. I've run a LOT of trails out there and would be happy to lead a run.

I have been there at least once a year for the last five years. The group that I go with have decided not to go back because there is not enough to offer. If you are speaking of dirt roads there are miles upon miles of dirt roads in the desert. To me that is not wheelin. The only positive to calico is that there is free camping and you can shoot guns.

:roflmao: In that case, I volunteer to lead a run for you....bring big tires

There's even stuff out there for buggy/40s only now......the Trailblazers have been doing some bitchin' stuff out there for a few years now.

I wanna play.

All joking aside I'm not personally completely against the idea of a venue change. But we would need a lot of people to show support pretty much now for that idea.

I would also need volunteers. Trail leaders, etc. We'd need commitments from folks. Big Bear is easy because I know it so well, have maps, and it's generally tough to get lost in (unless you're Cal).

Help a brotha out.

I enjoyed Calico when we did SoCal Fest there a few years ago. I've also always enjoyed Big Bear. So I'd be completely fine with either.

I don't consider myself qualified to lead a trail run, but you can sign me up for any other duty and I'll take it on. Flipping burgers. Yelling at kids. Whatever needs doing.

Back