• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Save Johnson Valley Event

Matty and I will be there with our Cherokees.
We need some more of us there.
NAXJA has been a huge supporter of access to JV and this event will
be the largest on-site rally for JV we have had to date!!

Lets go!

Rick

Matty and I will be there with our Cherokees.
We need some more of us there.
NAXJA has been a huge supporter of access to JV and this event will
be the largest on-site rally for JV we have had to date!!

Lets go!

Rick

I'm gonna' try and make saturday at least.

All right Rick, what is the scoop. I see that there is some Motorcycle rides planned for the day, but what is planned for the Jeeps? Are you going to be busy working for the cause or able to do some wheeling? I am not familiar with this area. Does everyone still camp off Boone Rd? I might be interrested in a day trip Saturday. When and where should I meet?

All right Rick, what is the scoop. I see that there is some Motorcycle rides planned for the day, but what is planned for the Jeeps? Are you going to be busy working for the cause or able to do some wheeling? I am not familiar with this area. Does everyone still camp off Boone Rd? I might be interrested in a day trip Saturday. When and where should I meet?

This isn't off of Boone Rd.
Check on Google Earth, its Cougar Buttes (did I spell that correctly?)
I will be playing on this trip, not manning a table.
There are some great places to wheel around there, I plan on finding some of them.
:yelclap:

Cougar buttes is off Camp Rock road, off the 247. Its right near the 247/18 intersection.

There are some great places to wheel around there, I plan on finding some of them.
:yelclap:

I plan on doing some of that with ya...... if i get my jeep back together!!

Pulled my T-case out yesterday to check a noise that started at goatfest & found my teralow was about to self destruct!! Hoping i get the replacement parts in time!

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24329

If you read down through page 3 you'll see what us 4x4 folks are planning. PM me for more details. This will be a very fun relaxing but important weekend.
Gregg

I have agreed to lead a couple of runs. It will depend on who comes out and what their desires are. One would be an easy run, no lockers or anything serious. Just a look over the area. The other would be the Bullfrog trail. One locker required. I think some of the Tinbenders will be there and maybe lead a harder run. Also know that Dustin Webster and some other competitors will be there showing what they do.

I have agreed to lead a couple of runs. It will depend on who comes out and what their desires are. One would be an easy run, no lockers or anything serious. Just a look over the area. The other would be the Bullfrog trail. One locker required. I think some of the Tinbenders will be there and maybe lead a harder run. Also know that Dustin Webster and some other competitors will be there showing what they do.

I plan on being there probably with my other toys, however i am trying to figure out how to bring my XJ out as well. I am not an official member of NAXJA but would like to find you guys and if i get my jeep out there I wouldnt mind going on the easy run providing i know when and where it would be at as my rig is still being built and fairly stock yet :).

Will there be anyone there to take NAXJA new member dues or is all that stuff saved for online?

I plan on being there probably with my other toys, however i am trying to figure out how to bring my XJ out as well. I am not an official member of NAXJA but would like to find you guys and if i get my jeep out there I wouldnt mind going on the easy run providing i know when and where it would be at as my rig is still being built and fairly stock yet :).

Will there be anyone there to take NAXJA new member dues or is all that stuff saved for online?

XJ4CHRIST, PM me and I'll reply with my cell phone number. You can call me when you get out there. I think you need to send in any dues but I don't know beyond that and nothing is needed to participate in this event or any NAXJA event I think.
Gregg

Last edited:
got the jeep finished up tonight... going to be loading up after work tomorrow and should be out there by 730pm.

See ya'll there...

:D

I have never done it before seems like a night run might be pretty tough for a newbie.

I have never done it before seems like a night run might be pretty tough for a newbie.

well I've never done it either, so as long as we can round up someone who knows where they are going, we should be good.
I think if you have 1 locker and 33's etc you'll be fine.

Alright sounds good i have 33s with 2 lockers, ill be the silver xj with x-mas lights on it,

jesse

What about a little wheelin Friday night Rick??

Let me see about that.
Although its unlikely....I could drop the Jeep off, head back up the grade, then head down around 7~8, wheel until midnight or so, drive back to the cabin (1/2 hr from there) then get back down there early enough to make a morning run...

could happen...

Back