• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

Got my package today from CSEoffroad sent through FedEx. The book looks like it has been run over about 11teen times. I have all four tie rods the steering stabalizer mount and tie-rod tube 18050.58. What is the part # for the tie-rod tube Im missing?

jforse said:
Got my package today from CSEoffroad sent through FedEx. The book looks like it has been run over about 11teen times. I have all four tie rods the steering stabalizer mount and tie-rod tube 18050.58. What is the part # for the tie-rod tube Im missing?

Well I got my system yesterday and its missing a TRE !
so looks like CSE has some issues with their packaging?
so did you guys get you missing parts yet? have you got feedback from CSE as to when you will get your stuff?

jforse said:

18050.57 (short one)

Comanchedude said:
Well I got my system yesterday and its missing a TRE !
so looks like CSE has some issues with their packaging?
so did you guys get you missing parts yet? have you got feedback from CSE as to when you will get your stuff?

its not CSE making the mistakes, its the distributor. your best bet would be to contact them directly, i guarantee you CSE probably just drop ships and never touches them anyways... email omix/rugged ridge - www.omix-ada.com

WheelinJR said:
its not CSE making the mistakes, its the distributor. your best bet would be to contact them directly, i guarantee you CSE probably just drop ships and never touches them anyways... email omix/rugged ridge - www.omix-ada.com

Nahh.. this box was not a factory sealed box or even factory packed,it was poorly taped up box with no papers inside of any kind. no instructions no content list ,no catalog or nothing that would indicate it was from the factory.the box itself was a used box with no manufacture info I have emailed CSE, but its going on two days with no confirmation they are sending me a TRE, so I will have to contact them again tomorrow and find out why it takes them so long to answer my simple question.I tried calling but just get voice mail. they did reply asking exactly what part was missing,but that info was in the original voice mail and email so "I found that odd" they seen to be buying time? but at any case it was not factory shipped it was packed by a 10 year old if I was to guess certainly not a factory packing job by any stretch of the imagination.

WheelinJR said:

Ships from a Omix-Ada distributor and then to CSE and then to the customer. The box mine came in wash thrashed. Looks like it was opened and retaped a couple times as well.

Comanchedude said:
Nahh.. this box was not a factory sealed box or even factory packed,it was poorly taped up box with no papers inside of any kind. no instructions no content list ,no catalog or nothing that would indicate it was from the factory.the box itself was a used box with no manufacture info I have emailed CSE, but its going on two days with no confirmation they are sending me a TRE, so I will have to contact them again tomorrow and find out why it takes them so long to answer my simple question.I tried calling but just get voice mail. they did reply asking exactly what part was missing,but that info was in the original voice mail and email so "I found that odd" they seen to be buying time? but at any case it was not factory shipped it was packed by a 10 year old if I was to guess certainly not a factory packing job by any stretch of the imagination.

They only take calls from 7-10 PM. Makes mw think this is someones side Hobby business. Get home from the real job at 5 and start filling orders at 7pm. I wont be doing business with them anytime in the near future.

BUT I cant complain because Im getting something for almost nothing.

jforse said:
They only take calls from 7-10 PM. Makes mw think this is someones side Hobby business. Get home from the real job at 5 and start filling orders at 7pm. I wont be doing business with them anytime in the near future.

BUT I cant complain because Im getting something for almost nothing.

what! this is rediculous! i got the steering and it was missing the SS bracket and i simply called, left a message and got a call back next day saying that the bracket is shipped and i should get it in two days - sure nuff little box on my doorstep - CSE are SUPER nice people and do a damn good job... in my experience

MR. XJ said:
THE ONLY THING THAT IM MISSING IS THE LOCKING NUTS THAT GO WITH THE TIE ROD END

you should have 2 jam nuts per tre - call wherever you got it from and they should have omix send you the 2 nuts - they are 7/8 threadpitch i believe so you could get some at home depot, etc

I thought I read somewhere that omix ships all individual parts boxed together.Meaning the distributor has to box the kit up.?
If thats the case that persons side hobby probably involves his kids helping out in the boxing dept to earn allowance,lol

Sounds like saving $10 with CSE wasn't so worth it after all.

The good news is...well there really isn't any.

18050.82 was at -115 before the backorders arrived and were filled. Unfortunately because of how long it took them to fill the orders on them, they're already back to -40, which means you're waiting...again! Crazy thing is, they had the TRE's in stock, it was the actual tubing that was out of stock.

So the last 2 month wait was for them to cut tube, thread tube, and powder coat tube. I thought maybe they ran out of TRE's this time, but each of the 3 PN's I just looked and they all have 20+ in stock, and the tie rod has 40+, so they must be out of TR & drag link tubes again.

I think people are better off just buying the ends and making their own tubes...someone supplied lengths from theirs in this thread i think.
http://www.rjroffroad.com/Rugged-Ridge-HD-Tie-Rod-End-Builders-Package-c-575-p-1-pr-17193.html

Last edited:
peleejosh said:
I received mine from cseoffroad yesterday and it is also missing a tre. The box was trashed, but the contents were good, except for the missing tre.

Update:

CseOffroad returned my call already. He is getting my missing part shipped out today.

Great customer service.

outlander said:
And what are they talking about "a bend right before the draglink"???

IMG_9950.JPG

Back