• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

WheelinJR said:
Sounds like saving $10 with CSE wasn't so worth it after all.

The good news is...well there really isn't any.

18050.82 was at -115 before the backorders arrived and were filled. Unfortunately because of how long it took them to fill the orders on them, they're already back to -40, which means you're waiting...again! Crazy thing is, they had the TRE's in stock, it was the actual tubing that was out of stock.

So the last 2 month wait was for them to cut tube, thread tube, and powder coat tube. I thought maybe they ran out of TRE's this time, but each of the 3 PN's I just looked and they all have 20+ in stock, and the tie rod has 40+, so they must be out of TR & drag link tubes again.

I think people are better off just buying the ends and making their own tubes...someone supplied lengths from theirs in this thread i think.
http://www.rjroffroad.com/Rugged-Ridge-HD-Tie-Rod-End-Builders-Package-c-575-p-1-pr-17193.html

I'll take all the savings I can get! So, yes it's worth it. An added bonus was being able to deal with a small and personable company who actually has a vested interest in providing exceptional customer service rather than being just an order # elsewhere.

For the record, my kit was banged up too, but nothing missing (that I could see). In reference to others posts about the packing job. It appears that they received their stock from Rugged Ridge and reshipped in the same box. There was a LOT of taping on the box ends. I can't know this for sure, but it appears that CSE was aware of the boxing problems and took extra care (it didn't work!) when reshipping.

My two cents.

First I would like to state that I work for OMIX-ADA and just want to say we are sorry for the packaging issue that some of you have had and to let all of you know that it is not related to the retailer at all. To be honest a poor choice was made in packaging but this has been corrected. If you get in contact with the company you ordered the kit from we will be more than happy to send out what ever part you are missing. We are a wholesale distributor and handle all warranty claims through our retailers. We are aware of the issue and will try to expedite the replacement parts ASAP. Again we are very sorry for the problems this may have caused.

The back-order was due to a revision to the steering system. This revision was made to allow a YJ setup to be developed using a good number of the existing parts.

This kit is designed as an OE upgrade. It has been designed to offer greater strength at an affordable price. The TR-ends have been designed for use in this kit and 3 of the 4 are a Rugged Ridge item. The passenger side TR-end was developed from an existing unit but increased in body size and thread size.

Also noted in this thread was the rotation of the tubes in relation to lift. Reading such forums helps us to note improvements where needed. For the XJ's and TJ's lifted past 4" without a drop pitman arm we will look into offering the spacers if needed as an option. As noted this kit was designed as a H/D upgrade to a stock OE unit and operational performance is directly related to the XJ or TJ set-up.

Nice to see a response from you guys

I will be happy with the kit once i get the rest of it.

Spacers for the tie rods would be nice. Many of these system are going on rigs higher than 4"

Thanks.

WheelinJR said:
Sounds like saving $10 with CSE wasn't so worth it after all.

$10.00? It cost me $154.00 SHIPPED Who had the kit for $164.00 shipped two weeks ago? and what guarantee it would not be missing a TRE also? (none)
10 bucks is 10 bucks and thats big money :)
Anyway they called today and the TRE is shipping out so I am good

Last edited:
So what's the word on these kits?
I'm not looking for rock crawling steering, just a good upgrade for my DD and mild wheeler-

Who's been driving on them now for a little while?
Who's had success and how much lift do you have?

I read some about the TRE roll, does that vary depending on how high you're lifted?
Has the nylon spacer thing eliminated that?

Has anyone run the OTK on the driver's side with the flip insert?

I have had this kit on for week now and I couldn't be happier with it.
No loosening of keeper nuts and no roll that I can feel when streering.

I have the RE 3.5 SF, lift which seems to given me more than 4", my old springs must of been really shot.

My shipment was missing both bars and CSE offroad took care of me, in a couple of days I had my links. Great service!

I guess its been a couple months on the one I ordered for someone.With a single bushing it still rolls,going to try 2 more this weekend!After that its in the garbage can!

RCP Phx said:
I guess its been a couple months on the one I ordered for someone.With a single bushing it still rolls,going to try 2 more this weekend!After that its in the garbage can!

How much lift is this being run with?
Even so, I don't think I'll be buying it- just curious.

If it was a dedicated trail rig, maybe, but for my the steering on my DD- peace of mind is worth an extra $100.

joshv98xj said:
How much lift is this being run with?
Even so, I don't think I'll be buying it- just curious.

If it was a dedicated trail rig, maybe, but for my the steering on my DD- peace of mind is worth an extra $100.
5-6",same lift Im running with stock steering and zero problems!

MJ7 Green and Ugly said:
First I would like to state that I work for OMIX-ADA and just want to say we are sorry for the packaging issue that some of you have had and to let all of you know that it is not related to the retailer at all. To be honest a poor choice was made in packaging but this has been corrected. If you get in contact with the company you ordered the kit from we will be more than happy to send out what ever part you are missing. We are a wholesale distributor and handle all warranty claims through our retailers. We are aware of the issue and will try to expedite the replacement parts ASAP. Again we are very sorry for the problems this may have caused.

The back-order was due to a revision to the steering system. This revision was made to allow a YJ setup to be developed using a good number of the existing parts.

This kit is designed as an OE upgrade. It has been designed to offer greater strength at an affordable price. The TR-ends have been designed for use in this kit and 3 of the 4 are a Rugged Ridge item. The passenger side TR-end was developed from an existing unit but increased in body size and thread size.

Also noted in this thread was the rotation of the tubes in relation to lift. Reading such forums helps us to note improvements where needed. For the XJ's and TJ's lifted past 4" without a drop pitman arm we will look into offering the spacers if needed as an option. As noted this kit was designed as a H/D upgrade to a stock OE unit and operational performance is directly related to the XJ or TJ set-up.

Can you please explain what the passengerside TRE is from? I tried to contact a few vendors and they stated it was a RR only item. I want to buy a premium joint on my side of the border to eliminate high $ shipping to Canada. On top of that, a lot of the vendors won't ship to Canada

The problem with the RR set-up is the offset in the PS TRE.The JCR(3/4-1 ton Chevy set-up) has a straight TRE!

J-Roc said:
Can you please explain what the passengerside TRE is from? I tried to contact a few vendors and they stated it was a RR only item. I want to buy a premium joint on my side of the border to eliminate high $ shipping to Canada. On top of that, a lot of the vendors won't ship to Canada

That side was developed from an existing design used in early CJ's. We enlarged it and changed the thread size to 7/8" (22mm). We also flipped it and had the hole taper reversed. This makes it an item that you can only get through our dealers (p/n: 18043.27). I think you posted up on another forum about this? The only advise might be to get in touch with one of our northern distributors and have them add 1-2 of the ends to a stocking order. This will take a little time but should reduce the cost to export. :dunno:

Wish I could help ya out but sending stuff to Canada is a very troublesome thing for everyone. There is one customer that drives over to the states and picks up their stock just to try and save the export cost.

Ordered mine from national 2 months ago and it is still not here. And they have stores in canada and in the us. And the rugged ridge steering kit is listed in there catalogue.

morerpmfred said:
Ordered mine from national 2 months ago and it is still not here. And they have stores in canada and in the us. And the rugged ridge steering kit is listed in there catalogue.

We were backordered doing a revision to allow multi-kit application for a YJ system. This might be the reason???

The Burlington location has a stocking order in the system that was placed yesterday but no TRE on on it. Just a complete steering system and we don't have any other backorders for the other locations...?

I'd call them up and see if they can add it but you will need to rush it..... This stocking order has been pulled, packed and stagged for shipping. It might leave the dock today if the forwarder can get to it.

I have spoken to our sales rep for Canada and he will keep an eye out for the order if they can get it in this morning. Other than that I can not do anymore... Sorry.... As a wholesale distributor I have no control of our retailers on this.....

Our company is not a sponsor on this board so I'm going to have to reduce my post and want be able to do any type of comments that are viewed as product pimping if you will... This is self imposed and just want to stay on the good side with the monitors. :peace:

Ordered from the calgary location. Talked to the parts guy there a couple of days ago and he said there was two on backorder ,one here and the other in burlington, oops it was the complete system that was ordered.My mistake. Was forewarned when i ordered it so it is not a problem for me. Thanks or the reply mj7

Ok, so I must be a complete idiot or something. I installed my new tie rod and drag link. I tried to adjust it as much as I could but now the tie rod end that goes from the drag link into the tie rod is hitting the passenger side tire when I make a left turn. Anyone know how to fix this or why it is doing it?

I have a 2000 Cherokee with no lift. I know most people who put this setup on have a lift but I drive cross country too much to lift mine right now.

Boyjeepin said:
Ok, so I must be a complete idiot or something. I installed my new tie rod and drag link. I tried to adjust it as much as I could but now the tie rod end that goes from the drag link into the tie rod is hitting the passenger side tire when I make a left turn. Anyone know how to fix this or why it is doing it?

I have a 2000 Cherokee with no lift. I know most people who put this setup on have a lift but I drive cross country too much to lift mine right now.

Mine does that too, i put a washer on my steering stop on that side. I have 4 inch lift with moab wheels.

Back