• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

If it were added using scab plates the benefit would be there, if it were just butt welded to the other it would create a riser to later crack.....Make sense?

It would be butt-welded along with the rosettes filled in on the floor board side. The scab plate would definitely make it even stronger. Can you do nutserts for the factory x-member instead of relying on the factory ones?

I was referring to them installed. I want to see how that rear bend works with the fender. Depending on how much trimming I do, maybe that piece won't be needed. A pics of the install is priceless.

Nice work Dan!! Let me know when you get the front kit done.. I'm shopping for my 2wd MJ prerunner build..

Dave (fromerly of desertfab)

It would be butt-welded along with the rosettes filled in on the floor board side. The scab plate would definitely make it even stronger. Can you do nutserts for the factory x-member instead of relying on the factory ones?

This would be awesome FYI, the factory nutserts are garbage. I had to repair mine when I installed my homemade stiffeners, not fun.

137_3621-1.jpg

This would be awesome FYI, the factory nutserts are garbage. I had to repair mine when I installed my homemade stiffeners, not fun.

137_3621-1.jpg

I jinxed myself as I had to repair one of the welded nuts when replacing one of the studs. I will call you tomorrow Dan to discuss some stuff. Thanks.

dan, any news on this order number?
8672?
been a few weeks now bud (10/28).
can email me if ye like...

martin
[email protected]

Good talking to you Martin......For the rest of you the first 6 have been delivered but the second batch was trashed by the bender. We changed a couple of hole locations and added 4 holes on the crease of where the floor meets the rail and somehow they were bent 1/4" too short to reach the floor? They were finally recut Thursday or Friday and they promise me they will be bent correctly Monday.

thanks for the call dan.
always nice to talk to you mate!
hopefully they wont let you down again!:confused1

cheers
martin

still no stiffeners....:banghead:
talked to a local fabrication shop today who is going to make me a custom set, cant wait any longer i'm affraid, as the stiffeners are holding up a lot of other work, as i explained in our phone conversation 2 weeks ago!!
i sent you an email asking for a refund and to cancel the order.
thanks
martin

Martin, I am sorry they were not shipped when I printed the labels. They were here but not bent enough and we didn't discover it until we began packing them, this is a new bender for us and they are way too timid when it comes to their work for fear of ruining something. However they delivered them at back to us at 5pm Friday after Thanksgiving, and we could not ship until Monday because of it.

All of the second batch ordered were shipped Monday. I sent your UPS # to you 20 minutes ago, they were supposed to automatically send it Monday? Yours should arrive Friday but 5 or 6 guys got theirs today.

I am very sorry for the delay and maybe we should not have improved the design after the first batch but it should have been easy. If you wish a refund I would be happy to give it and I will send a return label.

Martin, I am sorry they were not shipped when I printed the labels. They were here but not bent enough and we didn't discover it until we began packing them, this is a new bender for us and they are way too timid when it comes to their work for fear of ruining something. However they delivered them at back to us at 5pm Friday after Thanksgiving, and we could not ship until Monday because of it.

All of the second batch ordered were shipped Monday. I sent your UPS # to you 20 minutes ago, they were supposed to automatically send it Monday? Yours should arrive Friday but 5 or 6 guys got theirs today.

I am very sorry for the delay and maybe we should not have improved the design after the first batch but it should have been easy. If you wish a refund I would be happy to give it and I will send a return label.

Dan,
i will have a look over them when i get home this weekend. it wasn't the fact of you redesigning them that caused issues. it was communication, or lack thereof. being self employed myself, i know it can mean more to let a customer know there is a problem in a timely fashion, than to not have a problem. admitting a mistake, even one that is out of your control, and keeping customers aware of any delays means a lot to some of us!
i only got a little ticked when i felt i got forgotten about, never a good sign for a small business!

i will have a look over them when i get home and see how they look. hopefully worth the wait.

martin

ok, update to this one...
the stiffeners finally arrived today!
and i have to say, they are pure beef:cheers:
they look excellent dan, so no, they will not be getting returned!
hopefully i was just that one customer that slipped through the cracks, and thus communication was not what it should have been.
hope we can do business again, because the stiffeners look very well made.

martin

Back