• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon in June

There is a whole section on the Pirate board devoted to the Rubicon and people are posting pics basically every weekend keeping track of the snow levels, check out some from this past weekend, amazing how much is left, but melting fast: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361056

BrettM said:
There is a whole section on the Pirate board devoted to the Rubicon and people are posting pics basically every weekend keeping track of the snow levels, check out some from this past weekend, amazing how much is left, but melting fast: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361056
Yup I looked at the pics at work today, looked at the calendar and decided that I got some projects I got to finish fast cause the time for fun is coming NEAR.

verrive said:
I might be up for going if I can get ready in time assuming you'd let some northwester go Not sure when I'd come in although I'd be more geared towards 2 days on the trail but thats just me.
As long as you meet minimum requirements (buried someplace on page 1) you're welcome to show up. I will post details as to where we're all meeting and what time as we get nearer to the date.

Kejtar said:
As long as you meet minimum requirements (buried someplace on page 1) you're welcome to show up. I will post details as to where we're all meeting and what time as we get nearer to the date.

I do less spare tie rod/drag link and transfer case skid but both should be taken care of by then!

So running it backwards huh, that as exciting as running it forwards? :p

I always like entering from the backside. Tighter, wetter.

CRASH

Well Guys! I am out of runnin the con' with you. Not going to get a run in before that trip, and dont feel comforatable driving it that far. So I am going on a annual run at Bald Mt. only 1 hour away. I do plan on hitting the con' some time late season.

Matt

Capt. Nemo said:
So what are the "official" days and times of this event? I plan on being up there from 6/24-26, and may as well hook up with ya'll. Entering from Tahoe or Loon?

The 25th is the first scheduled FOTR work day also. If we start from Tahoe, we'll miss it most likely.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343746

The plan is to start on the 23rd mid day or so from Tahoe end. As soon as I figure out a good spot to meet up I'll post it up.

Kejtar said:
The plan is to start on the 23rd mid day or so from Tahoe end. As soon as I figure out a good spot to meet up I'll post it up.

yeah hurry the cherokee is on the trailer and ready to go (for the most part).
looks like i'll be arriving sometime weds. and either be sleeping in the back of the truck or setting up a tent somewere.

I'm waiting on my D44 axle housing from Currie and a couple of other misc. parts to make it work on my rig. Assuming no problems and the stars are in the proper alignment I'll be there on Wed. night but we all know how these projects go....

Anybody else know when they're heading up? I wanted a 2 day run to keep my down time down(I'd be driving down from WA) that and if I went Friday and on, my brother could come, 800 mile drive alone sucky, running con alone probably fun but not as fun ;)

verrive said:
Anybody else know when they're heading up? I wanted a 2 day run to keep my down time down(I'd be driving down from WA) that and if I went Friday and on, my brother could come, 800 mile drive alone sucky, running con alone probably fun but not as fun ;)

We're going to start on the trail on Thursday mid day.

I've gone from a "definate" to a "maybe". Doc says no rock crawling for wifey right now. I still may come in Friday.

Are you guys at Buck Island Friday night?

CB channel?

CRASH

CRASH said:
I've gone from a "definate" to a "maybe". Doc says no rock crawling for wifey right now. I still may come in Friday.

CB channel?

CRASH

It's possible that we will be at Buck Island on Fri, I'll post a more definate answer sometime next week (after I read some reports as to trail conditions from this coming weekend).

I posted a new thread with meeting spots and departure times (to make it easier to find).

3" of snow at Lake Tahoe yesterday, 6 more inches expected today. The Tahoe side still has about a foot or two of snow in the shady spots.

CRASH

Paul S said:
Are any parts of the trail still snowed-over?

Paul
Tahoe side has some snow, but we got a bit over two weeks to go. From what I hear, the toughest part is right before Caddilac hill (when coming from Tahoe end).
Don't tell me Paul that you're scared of the white fluffy stuff :D

Kejtar said:
Tahoe side has some snow, but we got a bit over two weeks to go. From what I hear, the toughest part is right before Caddilac hill (when coming from Tahoe end).
Don't tell me Paul that you're scared of the white fluffy stuff :D

Don't mind the white stuff, but I can't stand the early season crowds, it seems to bring out the worst in people. The environment is much more relaxed after the yahoos have broken & retired for the season.

Paul

Paul S said:
Don't mind the white stuff, but I can't stand the early season crowds, it seems to bring out the worst in people. The environment is much more relaxed after the yahoos have broken & retired for the season.

Paul
Actually from the looks of it, the yahoos might stay at home and not come out at all yet :D

CRASH said:

CB channel?

CRASH

Back to "definate" from "maybe".

Snow is melting really well right now, 80 degrees at Tahoe today.

CRASH

Back