• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

88RIxj said:
my 88 jeep has the RC 3" lift. I went with this because of the price. It does ride a bit rougher but nothing to bad and i am looking into making it tall for much less then the RC4.5' lift.

First i was going to start by putting in the CJ front brake lines for the extra lengh for the lift, followed by blocking the rear flex line about 3/4-1" off the axle( the bolt broke in the axle so just as easy to weld an peice on). Then i am planning on getting an econo lift from quadratec for 80$ and a transfercase lowring kit for 30$ so over all the price wont be that bad and it will be NEW front flex lines apouse to the relocation brakets. :idea: idk let me know what ya'll think of it.

p.s.
this idea is nice especial if you dont have all the money at once and want to slowly lift but still be able to use.

You can just get some square tube and save yourself 30 bucks. Surely you or one of your buddies has a chop saw and a drill press.

Jason, RC rep, when i go to buy a kit this spring will you be availible to help me setup a kit with everything. Also, the transfer case drop in your 6.5 kit, why is it needed if a SYE and driveshaft are going to be used? I am asking cause I have been happy with the RC system I have, so I would like to work together on getting a 6.5. I want to make sure it will satisfy my needs of a reliable DD and a decent offroader.

Well, I just called Jason up and ordered their cheap 3" kit. Quick, simple and cheap. Hopefully Use Pack Smash will make it all of the way over here by Friday, if not, then Monday.

I will let you know how it turns out when I get it on. I've got some Rubicon flares and some 33s to stuff on there. Time to dust off the sawzall!

i ran the 3" aal for about a year, i pulled a trailer alot and went wheelin 2-3 times a week , it was fine until i flipped it speeding, every thing but one shock still good, , looking foward to the 4.5" kit wit full pack or the rustys. anyone have a clue which one i should get?

xjjeepcjs said:
Jason, RC rep, when i go to buy a kit this spring will you be availible to help me setup a kit with everything. Also, the transfer case drop in your 6.5 kit, why is it needed if a SYE and driveshaft are going to be used? I am asking cause I have been happy with the RC system I have, so I would like to work together on getting a 6.5. I want to make sure it will satisfy my needs of a reliable DD and a decent offroader.

i have the 6.5 kit and only run a tc drop with a shim in the rear. i have no vibrations at all. i dont have or plan on doing a sye right now with my xj.
mike

my first kit was a 3" rough country lift with the full length add-a-leafs. i ran a 1" daystar kit with it. it gave me about 4.5" of lift. i felt that is was a good set-up and the only issue i had was that one of the clips that keep the spring pack together "spronged" off during an exceptionaly far droop. not a big problem. i just bent it back into place. it currently resides on a friend of mines son's rig and still appears to be fine. this was mostly in the mtns and desert of california. not sure how much spring waer would occur say in an area where deep mud wraps the axels up a bit more. the shocks are the same as several other companies units....

Hey guys I was just on Rough Country's web site and they got this count down to Christmas thing goin were there is a new deal every day at noon, I got my quick discos for $29.95 I just hope they put up the rocksliders and diff gaurds!

Well, I received my 3" AAL and installed it on my '90. Pretty damn easy and nice and cheap too, thanks Jason.

I bolted up some 33x12.5's on 15x8 black crawlers with 3.75"BS. I didn't have time to do the cutting, welding and trimming needed to install my Rubicon flares but yet it's my daily driver. To drive it for a few days, I removed the factory flares and noticed that the rear does not need to be trimmed but the front sure does if I plan on turning.

I gotta say, it sure does feel good to really cut into factory sheet metal that doesn't have any dents in it yet. Therapeutic.

Also, I don't have a TC drop or shims in the rear and I don't have any bad vibes. There might be a small vibe or two that wasn't there before but I haven't driven it enough to tell for sure. Some new u-joints might help that out a bit.

Thanks again Jason and I will let you guys know how I like it after a while of breaking it in and getting used to it.

Jason pulls through again!!!! Just got me some replacement bushings!!! Weeling this XMAS is ganna rock!!:eeks1:

I purchased and installed a 3" aal lift with the gas shocks a few weeks ago. The ride is like night and day. Before my rear was sagging 2" lower than the front. I got a full 3" of lift out of the aal's, still an inch lower than the front, but a huge improvement to actually see some wheel well. On the front I only got 2" of lift, maybe I had a weird front coil setup before. Anyways, it is riding and looking great, no complaints or concerns from this loyal customer. Jason is a real professional and a pleasure to deal with. Thanks Rough Country!

Can anyone give me some intel on the LCA's? The RC website doesn't show them real well. How are they adjusted? Greaseable on both ends? Can I get replaement bushings etc. What's the bushing diameter? As soon as I get my fed refund back I need some stuff and just want to know more about the LCA"s.
Thanks!

tj_extras-adj-arms.jpg

that's what they look like. they are threaded in the center and allow some slight rotation while flexing which helps eliminate binding. and yes the bushings are replaceable.

if you have anymore specific questions, try contacting Grimus (the rough country rep in this thread) and he can answer all your questions.

Anyone know the compressed/extended shock lengths on the RC4.5" kit?

Hey grimus just wondering if u guys do many shipments u guys do to canada..i live in manitoba i am wonder if u can ball park a 4.5 lift shipping quote for me.
thanks alot.

Back