• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

Jason - I have a questions for you. Is Heckethorn Offroad a part of Rough Country? Have you ever heard of them or are you sitting there saying wtf is this guy talking about?

BruceB83 said:
Jason - I have a questions for you. Is Heckethorn Offroad a part of Rough Country? Have you ever heard of them or are you sitting there saying wtf is this guy talking about?
We are the same company it started as heckethorn off road then they bought rough country 20 some years ago

GRIMUS99XJ said:
I like to thank everyone for the b-day wishes and if you want to get me a gift I have a long list :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

go ahead and post up your wishlist. LOL but if get you something, you'll have to send me something too, cuz today is mine. LOL

Let me add in a Happy B-day!!!! And by the way, I helped a cohort at work install a 4" RC kit on his '93 YJ over the weekend....everything fit perfectly and as usual the parts were bagged and identified and absolutely complete.

He loves the ride and the look...Good Job!!! Another Happy Customer! He was astounded at the speed in which the order was filled, shipped and delivered.

Keep up the good work. :D

And Happy B-day to you too Scorpio!!

Hey Jason, for your birthday I'll send you my address. That way you can send me some free swag!! HAHAHA! Happy birthday again and thanks for taking care of me on so many different occassions, I do appreciate it.

And happy b-day to you too Scorpio!

Hey Jason, Happy Birthday!!!! You helped me out a while back getting the aal's upgraded to the full pack and couldnt be happier!! But I was just wondering if you had an update to all the new parts we talked about that RC was ganna start making for the XJ? Again thanks for making RC #1 in our books!!!

GRIMUS99XJ said:
We are the same company it started as heckethorn off road then they bought rough country 20 some years ago

Well then count one more extremely satisfied customer for RC! I didn't order from Jason but they had sent me the wrong coil spacers...2" instead of 3/4"...I called them and told them I needed them ASAP (due to my springs rubbing badly on the bumpstops) and I would send back the others immediately and whoever I spoke with was like "ok...your'e taken care off"...I said "where do I send the others back too?" and he told me not to even worry about it, it'll delay getting my new ones! So a big THANKS to RC!!!

I just got off the phone with Jason's co-worker and have a 3" aal kit on the way. Great service just like I read about, plus with the discount for NAXJA members I saved about 50 bucks SWEET!

dellstopjeep said:
haha this is becaoming a classified section post now but how much are your adjustable lowers?

Yeah. I just read through most of this thread - it's mostly advice and some tech, but let's keep discussions of price going backchannel, if we could (I've often been admonished of the same thing...)

I'd rather not nuke the thread - since it's a positive discussion of a vendor (and I've seen enough negative discussion of vendors, thank you very much!) that still seems to be ongoing. But, it did get reported, so let's keep it cool, OK?

Any word on the xtreme track bar, Jason? How did those speakers work out for ya?

Okay all, I have a 2000 XJ with 130,000 miles on it, and it sports a Rough Country 3" lift that has been on it for along time. The previous owner did the install. I have been working on going to a new lift to gain tire size possibilities. I have been shopping for three years for the "perfect" lift that will suit my needs. I only offroad a few times a year, and I use the XJ as a daily driver. I am not a "hardcore" offroader due to those circumstances, but I have been relatively happy with the RC lift over these years.

The kit was an AAL with shocks, LCA, front springs, TB relocate bracket. The ride has smoothed out since I've owned it, but it has never been a "rough ride". We all have different expectations of what is rough.

The rear springs have sagged since I've owned it, and any load really cuts down on travel. You have to take tools with you and a small cooler. The springs need to be a pack and need to be a bit higher to account for future spring sag.

Everything has just begun to squeak, but the bushings have not completely torn out. The TB bracket is worthless. I need to buy a adjustable one to line everything up right, but I have dealt with it this long.

Overall, these kits could use a little tweaking. I do not know if I will go with them the next time, but I might do the 6.5" kit. For the price, the quality and fit are good. I would like a kit to not need any extra items to line up steering or driveline angles, like shims, but it has to be expected that some things will not workout with every vehicle.

DSC06568t.jpg

do the 6.5 kit. i just did mine from (dont know what company) a 3.5" to rc6.5 and i cant believe the diffrence. it rides better and flexes great. the price cant be beat and the customer service from jason is top notch.
mike

5-90 said:
Yeah. I just read through most of this thread - it's mostly advice and some tech, but let's keep discussions of price going backchannel, if we could (I've often been admonished of the same thing...)

I'd rather not nuke the thread - since it's a positive discussion of a vendor (and I've seen enough negative discussion of vendors, thank you very much!) that still seems to be ongoing. But, it did get reported, so let's keep it cool, OK?

not a problem I will do what I can to keep the price qouting done through p/m:thumbup:

Just got my 3" kit today, fast shipping, and everything I had ordered. I was hoping for a large sticker for my back window but didn't get one. Oh well, I can get one made up later I guess. Thanks Jason and crew

my 88 jeep has the RC 3" lift. I went with this because of the price. It does ride a bit rougher but nothing to bad and i am looking into making it tall for much less then the RC4.5' lift.

First i was going to start by putting in the CJ front brake lines for the extra lengh for the lift, followed by blocking the rear flex line about 3/4-1" off the axle( the bolt broke in the axle so just as easy to weld an peice on). Then i am planning on getting an econo lift from quadratec for 80$ and a transfercase lowring kit for 30$ so over all the price wont be that bad and it will be NEW front flex lines apouse to the relocation brakets. :idea: idk let me know what ya'll think of it.

p.s.
this idea is nice especial if you dont have all the money at once and want to slowly lift but still be able to use.

Back