• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Its a damn miracle my jeep still starts and runs :gee: All trimmed with a pair of snips and no FSM. Only thing left from the firewall back is the instrument cluster, HVAC stuff, brake lights, and fuel pump. Firewall forward still needs some more trimming and checking, cluster still doesnt work at all. I believe its a ground issue or something up front around the computer.

11264a8.jpg

2difsoz.jpg

Thats not even all of it. And I still left some in the jeep, didnt strip nearly as much as I could, I wanted to keep a couple things like the tail lights and HVAC.

Went wheeling, had fun, broke expensive stuff.

This is the climb that appearently broke the DS front 7100. Got to the top and thats when everyone noticed it. Obviously I should have limit straps but Bilstein said they would be fine for slow speed stuff. Gunna make some calls and see if they can do anything for me.....hopefully

:doh:

96xoio.jpg

124v4af.jpg

2m4uirb.jpg

2q1scax.jpg

347e3yo.jpg

3505sag.jpg

294jkmw.jpg

Getting some work done on this thing. Finally going thru some odds and ends Ive been wanting to clean up and finish. Got the Brown Dog Super Block Brackets I won at the last NACfest raffle installed finally. Having no inner fenders made it easier, having motor mounts tied into the engine cage made it a little tricky. Wasnt all that bad though, got them all in and done in a couple of hours.

2mi174k.jpg

2e5k2er.jpg

2myz3v6.jpg

Turned my attention to the rest of the front end. Welded what was left of the inner fenders to the outer tubework. Skinned the front half of the inner fenders with some sheetmetal and welded that all in. Dropped a gusset tube from the outer tubes down to the engine cage too. Also picked up some little lights and cut them into the grill. Took what was left of my old fenders and used them to skin the tube, I like having the body line still in there so it almost looks like a XJ still.....almost.

sxm8pg.jpg

260ct9u.jpg

2akb9ti.jpg

raoxky.jpg

lfthz.jpg

243mbft.jpg

102mus5.jpg

Also got all the mounts made up for front limit straps now too. Gunna order a pair of 18" straps and another 7100 this week. I called T&J end of last week but they never got back to me, might start shopping around now.

gayest head lights......

...ever.

I do like that you brought it back to XJ land

They free, Im not complaining......yet. After driving out from Shoot the Moon at Rocktoberfest after that whole fun time, I realize some lights are better then no lights. It was soo hard trying to follow Chris and figure out where I was going, I couldnt see a damn thing.

I dig the XJ body line filler panels

They free, Im not complaining......yet. After driving out from Shoot the Moon at Rocktoberfest after that whole fun time, I realize some lights are better then no lights. It was soo hard trying to follow Chris and figure out where I was going, I couldnt see a damn thing.

my bad. :wstupid:

well I was the one who convinced you I probably just had a bad joint and not to worry. so. correction of the correction...still my bad :D

I thought the fenders turned into filler panels was a slick idea, glad you guys approve.

As for the lights, I'm a cheapass and I got them for free. I'll be running them. I'm almost never out on the trails after dark unless we have problems and spend hours trying to get a broken jeep outta the woods.

filler panels look great, smoke the lights bro then they would look great to as far as broken rigs and wheelin into the night, best wheelin trips ever

Finished the DS fender. Traded my 6/6.5" softass coils for some 8" RK's that had been cutdown. Nice and stiff now, seems to be making the rear work better. Once I get the shocks and limit straps on, I'm hoping the rear suspension will do more.

2z4wfpf.jpg

I was on the way home from work today and had an idea pop into my head. So I cut my old hatch, threw it into place, and started figuring out the rear tube work and stuff. Gunna cap the top of the quarter panels and hatch with tube and tie it right into everything. Gunna get some tailgate hinges and straps to make it fold down. Gunna rig up the stock hatch handle to open it. I cant decide if I wanna cap the halo ends or do some sorta angled piece to drop it down.

2nu0kfb.jpg

nod3ee.jpg

Back