• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

the finished product looks awesome

Diggin the dove tail man. Nicely done. If you do get around to painting the JEEP letters, just outline them and keep the insides black. Would still look good and would be fairly easy to do.

Just realized I never posted it, I ended up painting the letters with some silver metallic I had laying around.

2rcsrwx.jpg

That's terrible news :( I was hoping my lunch remnants would live on forever.

that would have been awesome

So, I figure I'd get some updates from the last month. Went down to Rausch Creek for NACfest '13, good times with good people. Jeep did great!! I couldn't have been happier considering I haven't really done anything to it besides cosmetic stuff. Wheeled it hard for three days straight, no issues really. Since I still need a new harness, I jumped the aux fan to run all the time to take care of cooling. Broke the "temporary" front skid I had for the ram. Also broke a chuck of the plastic off the bellypan. On the last day, I was getting a clunking up front, turned out to be loose LCA bolts. On to some pics!

2i2357q.jpg

2uqgi7p.jpg

1ieds8.jpg

2jaawba.jpg

ab12jb.jpg

2z4070x.jpg

Breaking the ram skid off gave me a good reason to go thru some of the steering stuff I wanted to address. I used some tabs to capture the 3/4 bolts for the tie rod in double sheer, made some simple gussets off the knuckle to support it. Built a new ram skid outta some large tubing drops, 2x.25 crossbar and 2.25x.375 legs outta DOM.

14wrs52.jpg

wqr2x4.jpg

t8x8iq.jpg

2cyh7oy.jpg

aayil1.jpg

fnu0xz.jpg

Here's a view from a nice hill climb on the first day too. Listen to the awesome lunch box locker up front!!! I think I'm gunna pull it soon. Weld some spiders in there and sell the locrite. That will help me fund the ARB I wanna put in the 14b. Spooled rear just kills the turning radius and you can fell the ass drag too.

you never popped it into 2 low with that fancy tcase? or pivot around a tree, i have no issues with my spool

Back