• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

retubing an axle

7632388146_1eaa0a71e1_b.jpg

7632390696_23b5dd0a87_b.jpg

7632393648_2fa36051a8_b.jpg

Last edited:
All that work and a stock diff cover?

How did you get rock rash on the top of your tie rod?
i rotated it when i was straightening it

besides, you should know better than to have to ask that. a better question would be how i got rash on my drag link :D

Last edited:
After seeing it, I'd leave it alove and just make a new tie rod with offeset TREs like Moparmaniac said.

After seeing it, I'd leave it alove and just make a new tie rod with offeset TREs like Moparmaniac said.
i can raise my axle side track bar mount fairly easily to help with geometry a little, and i thought i remember hearing of a pitman arm with less drop (waggy or wj, i forgot).
not sure if that changes your suggestion at all in regards to OTK, just throwing that out there.

only for your buddy who i suspect had to leave so quickly to change his underwear :D
his expression when he started tipping was priceless LOL

I lol'd... I put him right on the line he wanted to be on, but with the SWB and the crappy tires, he had no chance.

i can raise my axle side track bar mount fairly easily to help with geometry a little, and i thought i remember hearing of a pitman arm with less drop (waggy or wj, i forgot).
not sure if that changes your suggestion at all in regards to OTK, just throwing that out there.

OTK on the drag link will screw up your akerman

OTK on the drag link will screw up your akerman

never heard of akermann until now, i'm doing some reading to try and understand it better.
this thing turns on a dime offroad, it almost feels like a front dig, just pulls the front end up and around anything. i love it in that respect. on road stability is semi crap, it's tolerable, but there is no return to center.
from the couple threads i found on pirate, it sounds like i have an inverted ackermann. and going OTK will make it worse than it is now, correct?
if i can raise the pitman side as much as i can raise the knuckle side when going otk, will it steer the same as it does now?

never heard of akermann until now, i'm doing some reading to try and understand it better.
this thing turns on a dime offroad, it almost feels like a front dig, just pulls the front end up and around anything. i love it in that respect. on road stability is semi crap, it's tolerable, but there is no return to center.
from the couple threads i found on pirate, it sounds like i have an inverted ackermann. and going OTK will make it worse than it is now, correct?
if i can raise the pitman side as much as i can raise the knuckle side when going otk, will it steer the same as it does now?

I seem to recall an associate who ran it this way and struggled with it.

Do your research to be certain.

I have no personal experience with this set up

There were issues running a wj RHD driver's side knuckle for true high steer, that messed with ackerman.
everything i'm reading says it has to do with the tie rod length, which would ring true with what you just said since the upper arm on the wj knuckle is way inboard from the lower tie rod arms.

I lol'd... I put him right on the line he wanted to be on, but with the SWB and the crappy tires, he had no chance.

i give him credit for even tryng that line. i give his dad even more credit for getting out before it :laugh2:

Back