• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuilding a stroker after a dead cam (Long..)

Flash said:
Just my opinion by why by a i volume pump when you don't twist these eng past 5500 rpm(old school rule of them said that you need 10 psi for every 1000 rpm).........55 psi at a 5500 rpm........ya i thing the stock pump can do that!

Flash

HIGH VOLUME, not high pressure. a high volume pump supplys MORE oil, not more pressure

tealcherokee said:
HIGH VOLUME, not high pressure. a high volume pump supplys MORE oil, not more pressure

You are correct.:worship: :laugh3:

Flash.

tealcherokee said:
bore it, new pistons, new rings

Rob, if you got the time, and cash, that would be the best idea!!!!

MY opinion is still the same as before! but, sense you really need to pull the rods and mains.......and if the crank need polished............
You might as well strip the block, hot tank it(to clean all the metal out!)and have the machine shop mike the cylinder walls(to see if a re hone or bore in needed )

Then at least you now your starting out with a fresh eng!

Flash.

Rob Patterson said:
I need to get a new oil pump for my stroker. Why do so many people use a HV oil pump? I was under the impression that a HV pump was only necessary when running looser (sp?) bearing tolerances. I would think a standard blueprinted oil pump would be more than adequate with stock bearing clearances. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

A blueprinted stock oil pump would indeed do fine on a stroker. Many of us bought a HV pump because they're about the same price. A HV pump flows 25% more oil so with the same bearing clearances, the oil pressure is also 25% higher. If the bearing clearances are loose, the HV oil pump will give you a better oil pressure.

Crazy idea.. Has anyone ever done a hydraulic roller conversion? I don't know if it's physically possible or not. Since Crane and Comp both make cams, the revised specs would be the easy part.

tealcherokee said:
i think its been thought about, the hard part would be the retainers that prevent the roller lifters from rotating

If the lifters are .904 like I think they are it might not be a big deal since that is the size small and big block chrysler both use. You might just be able to use standard rollers with link bars. Its been over 2 years since I build my stroker so I don't really remember what the lifter area looks like. I really think the big problem would be finding cam blanks with a roller profile.

I wonder how the computer would deal with it? I have the crane 753901 in my stroker and of course have zero problems as far as engine managment goes, I just don't know how far you can go with cam specs and maintain proper driveability with no check engine light.

Last edited:
join the strokers yahoo group. It is a current topic of discussion..

George T.

privatejoker said:
Crazy idea.. Has anyone ever done a hydraulic roller conversion? I don't know if it's physically possible or not. Since Crane and Comp both make cams, the revised specs would be the easy part.

Back