• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper Thread...

Nice bumper bro, too bad between your location and your name now someone could easily steal your rig.

oh wait, i forgot what happens to anything including deer that threaten your jeep.

dgrigorenko said:
last name is Grigorenko... ukrainian... first name: dale... american... i think i'm 4th gen? so i'm pretty diluted with the rest of america now.

how did you make that say pee? obviously you rearranged the letters but how did you unstick/restick them?

thats right.... three in the head. caliber .45....... bring it.

More progress. I have also given up on a deadline for this thing...

Had to cut the bottom tail light insert piece off so that I could remove them without taking off the entire bumper. But still have the bumper run flush up to the bottom of the light. Not a big deal

IMG_0612.jpg

Welded up the drivers side. Stainless is a little different when than regular carbon, and I'm still getting used to it.

IMG_0614.jpg

After a little girinding, still lots more to go.

IMG_0619.jpg

And the the trailer, just needs a few more things :)

IMG_0618.jpg

how much did it cost ya to build that trailer? looks SHARP!

Hmm I'll have to get back to ya on that one.

On the bumper note, the driver's side is completely done, and ready for paint. Now I just have to finish the stupid passenger side, wrapping the quarter panel pieces around the hinge.

Awsome, thanks! I suspected it might be due to the way the shackle mounts were shaped. I have their front bumper and love it. Terry does nice work.

My bumper build.... mounting plates and the 2 1/2" square for going from mounting plate to bumper.
100_0769.jpg

mock up c-channel 3/16" thick.... also see a piece of 1 5/8" pipe i used to mock up my forthcoming exo cage.
100_0770.jpg

100_0771.jpg

and i will add a small side piece of the c-channel to protect the quarters and to mount the 1 5/8" exo tubes to.

Last edited:
oh and what kind of tires are on that black xj in post #146 ???

here are some more progress pics:
100_0772.jpg

100_0774.jpg

Working on marking out where mounts would weld to bumper=
100_0773.jpg

And stopping point for the moment=
100_0776.jpg

and now i am goin to take about an inch off both ends and put 2 side pieces on that will extend about 6" forward to guard the rear quarters and will also be the spot for my exo tube to tie into...

Last edited:
yOU BETTER RETHINK THAT BUMPER,You need to open up the rear framerail hole and run some box tube in it.Then bolt it up like the hitch mounts,i used the factory nut strip inside my box tubing,works great!

The bumper isnt finished, it will have 1.5" tube running behind it and in front of it and tied into the hitch as well. The bumper will also be tied into a plated rear frame, rear shackle box drop deal, more plated frame up to reinforced front leaf drop hanger what will be tied into subframe already under the framerails. I dont have any worries... it will either hold or it wont...

crazyjim said:
Yup, RigidCo RbM
They don't seem to have these on there site. Do they realy make them for us regular folk on is it a who you know kinda thing?:cheers:

Back