• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper and Tire Carrier

I have the Detours rear slimline bumper and love the look. Nothing gaudy. Clean lines. Just wish I had gotten the tire carrier at the time. Now I have to find someone to fab something up.

If I were to do it again, I might lean towards the Rigidco with the bracing that wrapped round to the tires. Mine didn't take a tree that well.

I would check out one of the sponsors here. AJ's Offroad they have a sweet set up for $750 and I really like the low profile sides to it.

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/product.php?productid=17582&cat=254&page=1

I like that bumper. This tire sits a little higher than the JCR. I don't know if I like the bar's that wrap around the sides. I am going to buy the JCR 1/4 panel armor so I am not so worried about protection there. The rest of the bumper I like. I wouldn't order it with the High lift mount because that will go on the rack with the shovel and the ax. I would order it with the Jerry Can, D-rings, and LED back up lights. Does anyone have any experience with this bumper. I would like to hear some real world feed back from some one that has it on there Cherokee. Thanks again guys for all the feed back that is in this thread it really helps.

Last edited:
i have the rigidco rear bumper with tire carrier and wrap around corners and absolutly love it. having the option too mount the tire in the center or slide it to one side or the other is an awsome option...of course when you get a 33" tire or bigger on there its hard too see but im already used too it its my dd and it doesnt bother me. the install was pretty involved and took quite a bit of time but it was worth it because the thing is BEEF. great latch, has a safety pin just incase, gerry can mount highlift mount, and lisence plate relocator, it even comes with a ratchet strap too hold down a gerry can to the optional mount...point is im surpirsed this bumper isnt on you list its middle of the road priced and a great bumper love mine and wouldnt go any other way!

i have the rigidco rear bumper with tire carrier and wrap around corners and absolutly love it. having the option too mount the tire in the center or slide it to one side or the other is an awsome option...of course when you get a 33" tire or bigger on there its hard too see but im already used too it its my dd and it doesnt bother me. the install was pretty involved and took quite a bit of time but it was worth it because the thing is BEEF. great latch, has a safety pin just incase, gerry can mount highlift mount, and lisence plate relocator, it even comes with a ratchet strap too hold down a gerry can to the optional mount...point is im surpirsed this bumper isnt on you list its middle of the road priced and a great bumper love mine and wouldnt go any other way!

Can you post up the RIGIDCO rear bumper link. I can't seem to find wear they make a rear bumper on there website. I am interested in the bumper but I need more info to help me make a decision. The only reason I picked the four that I did was because those were the ones that I could find that fit my criteria, but I'm sure there are others out there that I missed. If anyone has any suggestions I am always open to them. There was one other bumper that a guy made personally on NAXJA http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1030354&highlight=tire+swings&page=5
that I really like but I don't think he is willing to make it for me, and I don't think I could do a good enough fab job to make it look right. I am a good welder and can make many things but this is my DD and trail rig and I want it to look good.

Vote for AJs off road. Just got his slickroc front bumper, he does great work and was a pleasure to deal with. Hell of a good guy. He'll take ideas from other bumpers and work them onto his. I wish I would have seen his before I bought my wilderness. It's a real PIA to open with the screw pin, but I have to admit it does not rattle. Those extensions are an option I believe, you can order without them.

I like the rear bumper. The front definately isnt my cup of tea

Well now that I have 5x5.5 lug pattern I thought it's time to start carrying my own spare, because most if not all the people I wheel with have something else. I wanted to bring this thread back up and see what we had said a little over a year ago. I also saw a Hanson bumper at the Don't Fear the Jeeper Show on the bushwhacker Jeep that is awesome.

http://www.hansonoffroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=JXJRTC-P

Does anyone run this bumper? I know it's a lot of money but it fits all my criteria and looks great to boot. I'm okay with spending the money on a quality product that does everything I want. I just thought if someone else has one I would see if they have anything bad to say about it. Thanks in advance.

I'm okay with spending the money on a quality product that does everything I want. I just thought if someone else has one I would see if they have anything bad to say about it. Thanks in advance.

The Hanson is a very high quality piece, you won't be disappointed. I can get you competitive pricing, also.

I never found one that I liked, so I built my own. It seems like you need to hang off the back, or cover your tail lights. The JCR looks nice, so does that BPI.

Since this thread was resurrected from the dead, it should be said that we have redesigned our rear tire carrier bumper.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merch...n=PROD&Category_Code=XJB&Product_Code=XJ-R-DX
XJ-Deluxe1.jpg

Since this thread was resurrected from the dead, it should be said that we have redesigned our rear tire carrier bumper.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merch...n=PROD&Category_Code=XJB&Product_Code=XJ-R-DX
XJ-Deluxe1.jpg

I really liked the old bumper you guy's put out. The new one is just not my style. I like the lower half but not the upper. It's still on my radar but I'm still looking. I'm waiting to see if I get this side job that i'm working on then I will order one. Thank you for the update and I will keep it in mind.

Back