• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re-hashing my XJ build for the North Coast

need more bumper pics!

Move the front axle forward one inch and move the rear axle back two inches.
Great looking rig except the bro bar.

Oh dude, don't hate on my chinese light bar. :clap: It's kind of a "who's bar is bigger"? war up here, so I went big, and spent like, 200 on a 50." Honestly I don't love it much anymore and might invest in some really nice running lights or something.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody. I have a lot of history with this rig! I'm almost 24, and I took my driving test in this thing when I was 16.

Super bummed out! I got the Napier flares back in 2012- Sierrafest.

I cracked and broke all of them over time... Bought a new replacement set from him in March. Went to go install them (finally) yesterday. Front are fine. No issues there.

The rears... nope!

The contour is totally off. The molds have changed, so they no longer match the cut i've made, and the holes are off.

Flares by Sean Mitchell, on Flickr

Note the third hole up- the new flare's hole is like... 1 inch up from my door's hole.

I contacted Doug and he said that yes, they did change the molding and that there's nothing he can do.

Pretty lame! Anyway, I painted my screws and threw them back in.

I don't want to drill any more holes. Or cut more. So I either need to get this shit fixed at a body shop ($$$), or just weld the holes, and paint my doors even further with bedliner.

Any suggestions?
It looks good sans flares...

But I do like the napier look.

Rubicon Wheels by Sean Mitchell, on Flickr

Move the front axle forward one inch and move the rear axle back two inches.
Great looking rig except the bro bar.

I ended up removing it. Lol. The bracket was rusting onto my paint. I think I'm going to sell it and fund better headlights.

I've always liked the no flare look

If you're selling the bro bar mount I may be interested. Also, my dd is a patriot blue 2000, so seeing this thing being built up is kind of like torture. Rigs looking good, I'd ditch the flares though.

I think I will sell it. Hoping for about 300 for the bar, and the mounts.

Thanks for the input guys.

I just scored, massively. I think I WILL try to get the Napier flares back on, especially with winter coming, I prefer the protection and tire coverage. However, I will have to drill more holes. That's okay! Because I just found spares!

Spare doors by Sean Mitchell, on Flickr

Direct off of a 2001, PBT (patriot blue) xj with the same agate interior. 100 each. A steal! The paint is better than mine. Panels are perfect. The only difference is the window tint. So I might just throw the flares on my current doors (with some modification) and then if I decide to go flareless, or maybe switch to tube flares, I now have options.

Junkyard!
Super stoked. You guys with the common colors like white, black and silver have it easy!

So since I have the new doors, I decided to go for it and install the new flares on my current doors. Took more drilling, and I had to hammer the fenders a bit. But the overall finish looks great. I'll run these for a while, then make some tube flares, and swap my new doors.

More progress by Sean Mitchell, on Flickr

And that bumper. Love it.

Drove my rig out to Kneeland this weekend for an old co-workers wedding. Never, has the jeep handled so well, ridden so smoothly and just in general, driven so great. I credit the new OME shocks, the Currie Anti-rock, and the new load D Kevlars.
The power is pretty damn good too. (Thaks to the AFE intake.)

Nice ! Glad to hear it's for the better !

Small update-
The Xj has been doing awesome. I took it out this weekend.

Crawling at Samoa-
New Years Adventures by Sean Mitchell, on Flickr

And I took it out off of HWY 36 this weekend. Went with the GF to my coworker's cabin. Awesome wheeling out there. I need a better battery, and I want a better winch. Maybe its Zeon time...

I love these ones!-

Back