• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 6.5 in lift

obx-xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was curious if anyone had this kit and their impression of it. It is a great price but I am worried about bump steer on a kit that tall that doesn't have long arms.

My 6.5" short arm (Rusty's) is fine now. Now that I have a Dana 44 with custom steering, a custom tie-rod, pitman arm drop and a steering brace.

When we welded up the control arm mounts we were able to fix some caster issues that were giving me problems.

I am running the RC 6.5" kit. I have wheeled the piss out of it over the past year and have been very pleased with it, especially for the price. I have ran RE and Rusty's kits on my XJ's as well. For the money it is a good kit, but there are better options out there that will cost you alot more money. My main complaint is the poly bushings and no option for flex joints at this time from RC. I have no issues with bump steer and I recently installed the RC drop brackets and it helped out the ride quality tremendously. The RC shocks are not the best, but they get the job done until your ready to drop more coin on more expensive shocks. One thing that has been mentioned repeatedly around here is the customer service from RC is second to none. GRIMUS99XJ (Jason) is a member on here and is their (RC) customer service rep. He will help you out on package prices/deals and will back his products without major hassles...unless your a royal asshat. So all in all, the kit is worth the $ in my opinion. Is it the best kit available...no, but it IS the best kit for the money in my opinion. I know others will chime in on this and have varying opinions, but this is my $.02

Also remember, RC is a sponsor of this site...it never hurts to help support those who support us!!

Last edited:
Being a short arm setup at 6.5" It WILL ride rough. I know a guy who has a rubi with the RC 6.5" .......it rides rough he says and will be going long arm soon.

GRIMUS99XJ said:
The 6.5 rides a little stiff due to short arm angles and that much lift but you can pick up some control arm drop brkts pretty reasonble that will increase the ride quality alot

that is the understatment of the year. The drop brackets made me actually like driving my XJ on the road again! :D Best $200 you can spend for ride quality on kits above 4.5" in my opinion.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
I am running the RC 6.5" kit. I have wheeled the piss out of it over the past year and have been very pleased with it, especially for the price. I have ran RE and Rusty's kits on my XJ's as well. For the money it is a good kit, but there are better options out there that will cost you alot more money. My main complaint is the poly bushings and no option for flex joints at this time from RC. I have no issues with bump steer and I recently installed the RC drop brackets and it helped out the ride quality tremendously. The RC shocks are not the best, but they get the job done until your ready to drop more coin on more expensive shocks. One thing that has been mentioned repeatedly around here is the customer service from RC is second to none. GRIMUS99XJ (Jason) is a member on here and is their (RC) customer service rep. He will help you out on package prices/deals and will back his products without major hassles...unless your a royal asshat. So all in all, the kit is worth the $ in my opinion. Is it the best kit available...no, but it IS the best kit for the money in my opinion. I know others will chime in on this and have varying opinions, but this is my $.02

Also remember, RC is a sponsor of this site...it never hurts to help support those who support us!!

X2 again i have had great luck with mine

I've had the 6.5 kit on for about 6 months now and I like it a lot but like said before the ride as pretty rough I just ordered my drop kit for the CA`s yesterday and from what everyone has said it will help out A LOT so I will find out how much it helps soon

do a search for "rough country drop brackets"
I did a write up on them a few months back. There are multiple pics and others have added in their install pics as well.

I think RC sounds awesome for the price, and having GRIMUS99XJ on here for any help you could need is really convenient! I plan on getting their 6.5 and just buying the drop brackets at the same time to avoid the hassle later on.

Back