• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racist.....

5-90 said:
They may have been labelled inferior, but I am minded of an event several years ago where some university biology professor out here actually said that Blacks are built, via evolution, to excel all other races in track & field events. They were actually scientifically proven to be built to be better athletes!

However, the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, et. al got involved, and demanded an apology. WTF?

Eventually, this man was forced to apologise under duress of censure and termination - for saying that Blacks were better at something than everyone else.

Did I miss something?

5-90
Nope ... this is a typical symptom of discrimination called sterotyping.

Unfortunately for me, I was not afforded the same appology about the movie "White Men Can't Jump", but then I do not have the NAACP or the Rev. Jesse Jackson to fight my battles. I'm scarred, and my family will be for generations ... ;)

I just think people in general have very thin skin when it comes to race ... as is very evident in this thread.

Les

"Stereotyping" is classification without basis in fact.

The problem here is that there was scientific proof of the assertion - it wasn't a stereotype, it was a statement of fact, backed up with research and analysis. Therefore, not a stereotype, not an opinion.

So, why force an apology for someone saying that someone is better at something, and offering proof of that factoid? Why should the population being put forward demand an apology?

Jesse Jackson and Kweisi Mfume are probably the biggest factors working against race equity in America to-day...

5-90

It would be difficult for me to make a judgement on the statement by the professor. Similar to reading a post here, there is a lot left out including what was said before and after the statement, tone, context, and purpose of the statement. As you quoted him, he said "Blacks are built, via evolution, to excel all other races in track & field events ...". This is a generalization that insinuates all Blacks have this characteristic. This is not a fact because I have met some Blacks are are not as athletic as I am (which is not very to say the least). ;)

Les

True - but this is less of a "stereotype" than most - and it's still an uplift for the race. Why the apology for the positive generalisation?

Granted, I don't recall all the specifics either, but I do seem to recall that the entire comment was either scientifically neutral (most likely) or generally positive (unlikely, given the information - but possible.)

I'd sooner be subject to a positive generalisation than a negative one, especially when the positive generalisation has some basis in fact.

As far as Blacks not all being better athletically - also true. Just have a look at Jesse Jackson...

5-90

LBEXJ said:
It would be difficult for me to make a judgement on the statement by the professor. Similar to reading a post here, there is a lot left out including what was said before and after the statement, tone, context, and purpose of the statement. As you quoted him, he said "Blacks are built, via evolution, to excel all other races in track & field events ...". This is a generalization that insinuates all Blacks have this characteristic. This is not a fact because I have met some Blacks are are not as athletic as I am (which is not very to say the least). ;)

Les
I've met 3 year old more athletic than you old man.

as long as im irish im better than the lot of you whiners. quither bitchin. the minorities do have some double standards. But calling someone a "cracker" hardly has the same affect as calling someone a "nigger". get off your high horse.

rock rash said:
as long as im irish im better than the lot of you whiners. quither bitchin. the minorities do have some double standards. But calling someone a "cracker" hardly has the same affect as calling someone a "nigger". get off your high horse.

I'm a "cracker" and my wife might be thought as a "nigger", so, I guess according to my attorney, you will be paying our living expenses for the rest of your/our lives...:lecture:

rock rash said:

You guys are the best (i had a couple Guinness beers this evening) :).

even though i have black friends and realize there still are alot of racist "whiteys" in the world, i always remind them that the there were white slaves as well. The irish were pitted, alot of times, against the african slaves on work sites. The racist slurs and propaganda only served to make both sides work harder to "out do" the other and therefore declare themselves superior. There were even orphans and other 'undesirables' picked up off the streets of England and shipped over to be 'indentured' servants. The word slave is derived from slav, which doesn't refer to a historically, 'black' or 'african' people. In fact, i think about every race of people have been made slaves at one point in history or another. Not to mention, i don't believe white slave traders were running amuck in Africa 'stealing' black folks........no, no, no,......blacks were sold to slave traders on the coast, by other black tribesmen.
All that being said, i don't have a problem with minorities being afforded opportunities in a place where many elitist/classist/racist people still control everything, or most everything. However, ignorance shouldn't be celebrated or honored as 'prideful' either.

Gil BullyKatz said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Who owns most of the wealth in this country? THE JEWS

Who wields most of the power? THE JEWISH LOBBY

Who makes the laws? FRIENDS OF JEWS

I can guarantee it's not the niggers, spics, bindi's, chinks or sand nigga's...

Only YOU can keep yourself in the situation you're in...UNLESS YOU HAVE A LEASE WITH A JEWSIH LANDLORD

This e-mail reeks of the "Why is thing happening to me? boohoohoo" mentality...

:D

Some may call me racist, but I prefer the term "trend noticer". That said, I do not judge an individual based on the trends I have noticed, until they conform to one. I will not pre-judge someone based on their race or ethnicity, but I will judge on additude, ethics, and to some extent appearance.

rock rash said:

GREAT, now we got a mick chiming in :D

5-90 said:
"I will treat you all alike - Just Like Shit." (CDR Richard NMN Marcinko, USN, ret.)

Now I ask you - what's the problem with that?

5-90
Actually I met Demo Dickie at a book signing. Hell of a nice guy. More mellow than you'd think. Not only signed every book I brought (about 6) but signed something different in each one, then posed for a picture. Wouldn't leave until he saw and met everyone that showed up. Was supposed to be there for 90 minutes and stayed for 6 hours.

It wa so weird seing him within about an hour after 9-11 on TV as one of the first anti-terrorist experts they called, not some media commentator.

In typical Rogue fashion, he dismantled our lame response and proceded to say what we really needed to do to beef up security. I tell you, that's one guy I'd like to see running something like Homeland Security. I guaran-god-damn-tee you the airports would be safe.

However, if you've ever read any of his books, you'll know he's no politician.

Too bad...

To give you an idea for those unfamiliar, he was busted from Captain to Commander for several things. Among them having his Red Cell SEAL team use more live ammo for training than the ENTIRE US Marine Corps. That and he decided to test Secret Service security of Air Force One. The SS said "we don't drill" our procedures are solid. He proceded to not only stage a success mock take over of AF1 but also killed President Reagan several different ways. Needless to say, you don't emabarass the SS like that.

Last edited:
Rocketman said:
Actually I met Demo Dickie at a book signing. Hell of a nice guy. More mellow than you'd think. Not only signed every book I brought (about 6) but signed something different in each one, then posed for a picture. Wouldn't leave until he saw and met everyone that showed up. Was supposed to be there for 90 minutes and stayed for 6 hours.

It wa so weird seing him within about an hour after 9-11 on TV as one of the first anti-terrorist experts they called, not some media commentator.

In typical Rogue fashion, he dismantled our lame response and proceded to say what we really needed to do to beef up security. I tell you, that's one guy I'd like to see running something like Homeland Security. I guaran-god-damn-tee you the airports would be safe.

However, if you've ever read any of his books, you'll know he's no politician.

Too bad...

To give you an idea for those unfamiliar, he was busted from Captain to Commander for several things. Among them having his Red Cell SEAL team use more live ammo for training than the ENTIRE US Marine Corps. That and he decided to test Secret Service security of Air Force One. The SS said "we don't drill" our procedures are solid. He proceded to not only stage a success mock take over of AF1 but also killed President Reagan several different ways. Needless to say, you don't emabarass the SS like that.

As I recall, he also did a serious number to the SS at Camp David, shortly after getting SEAL SIX off the ground. I haven't had a chance to have a "live" exchange with him, but I've also read all of his books, fiction and non.

Yeah, I'd like to see him running DHS - or even see DHS adopt the Israeli model for "Airline Security." Anything's got to be better than what we're doing now - it's not even farcical enough to be classified as "bad comedy."

Don't forget - the Navy was also pissed at him for embarrassing a LOT of installation commanders (another legacy of SEAL SIX) and ended up spending something like $60M to "prove" that he managed to take something like a few thousand, for which he ultimately spent a year in the stir. Seems to me, with the work he was doing, if he was inclined to steal something, he'd have gotten something big, so it already sounds like bogon emissions...

5-90

I'm proud I haven't posted in this thread...

aw, crap!

Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell is a very good book. (He's black, in case some of you don't know.)

this thread is too funny. of course there are gonna be opinions from all over and nobody is wrong. it just gets to a point where it all starts sounding the same and everyone sounds like whiney little b*tches.

im proud of who i am and i dont need to explain why or how.

but if you disrespect me and step on my feet there isn't gonna be a damn reason for me to pull out a gun and blow your nuts off.

whatever color you are, whatever religion and whoever you think you are.

we should all be proud of who we are and have respect for others. by complaining about one group you are already showing jealousy.

Back