• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Providence Canyon update/run

I'll be bringing a big box of shirts with me for anyone coming on the run (and along the way up or down) that may be interested in one.

Hmmmm.................if i find new tires for the ZJ i may do this, haven't been up that canyon since '04 so i guess it could be time.

32's and last time i was up there it had nothing that some decent driving and 31's couldn't handle, that canyon actually get fun? or just wash out a bit?

It's hit or miss up there on snow depth. If it doesn't snow much between now and then I doubt there will be much up there.

This was a few years ago. It was pretty deep but Dave did fine with I think 32's
Providence11-11.jpg

32's and last time i was up there it had nothing that some decent driving and 31's couldn't handle, that canyon actually get fun? or just wash out a bit?

Snow can take it from a 6 to a 9 pretty quick. It's doable with open diffs and 31's when dry......but not when wet or white.

I am interested and want to go (hoping it snows a ton :) )

few questions as I have never been up there...
how long of a trail is it to run? with/without snow?
what time is planned to meet and start?

just curious as I have a party planed the evening of the 1st, and need to know If I can make it up there, wheel, and make it back without my wife chopping my head off lol

Bummer, I guess I'll sit this one out in an attempt to keep the wife happy. :)

Ok, folks. One week out and the snow conditions look favorable for our run up Providence Canyon next Saturday. This week looks sunny and clear, but KSL forecast shows 30% chance of showers on Friday and mostly clouding on Saturday.

Rigs should have at least 31" tires with at least 1 LS/Locker, 32-33's and LS/Lockers recommended. All NAXJA run required gear trail as well. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245750031&postcount=3
CB radio is HIGHLY recommended, tune to CH32. There will be limited/no cell coverage while in the canyon.

Plan to meet in the parking lot of Macey's Food and Drug at 9:00am on Sat, Dec 1st. We will plan on rolling out at 9:30am, so either come prepared with food/drinks/fuel for the trail or arrive early enough to fill you coolers at Macey's. There is a Maverik store across the street to fuel, if needed.

Map of Providence, Ut http://goo.gl/maps/6ijDO

The plan is to run up Providence Cyn to Mt Logan, then as a group we can decide if we return back down PC, or head towards Logan Canyon and exit via Old Ephraim Rd. This will be determined by snow pack and rig capability.

Plan on an all-day run and depending on group size, trail conditions and barring no breakdowns, we should be off the trail by 4-ish.

Last edited:
There's a big chance I'm out... I don't have lockers.

Actually, some close friends chose baptize one of their kids that afternoon. I doubt I could be home and in a shirt and tie by they time they start. We'll see!

Jared:patriot:

I'd like to get a roll call for this Saturday's run up Prov Canyon so I know how many to expect. Sound off here

I'm out. I am still working on the LA install and I found out that I need to replace the Range Selector fork in the TC. The one that is in there is all worn out.

Back