• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one year later... this is what happens.

Hopefully it isn't the gears causing the vibrations. It may be what I ran into with mine when I went from 3.55's to 4.88's. The driveshaft turning faster than before was pointing out a bad ujoint. Swapped that out and it ran much nicer.

Hopefully it isn't the gears causing the vibrations. It may be what I ran into with mine when I went from 3.55's to 4.88's. The driveshaft turning faster than before was pointing out a bad ujoint. Swapped that out and it ran much nicer.

yeah i had that originally when i did mine. I had an RE drive shaft, and had bad vibes since the lift. but when i did the gears it went from bad to deadly.

took to a drive shaft shop and they balanced the DS and it was nice for a long time, (its bad again but i think i have a bad u-joint now)

so... I just passed my inspection. No major issues. the guy requested that I get rear flares to to put the sticker on. So I just kinda slapped what I had ready on it.

The one dumb thing was, he said I needed the rubber brake pedal cover (mine came off years ago and I havnt used it since) I just said ARE YOU KIDDIN ME MAN? he let it go.

Yeah I have heard that before about the pedal cover too.
My subaru is missing the clutch one, because it wouldn't pass inpsection without one on the brake pedal ... thats a Naxja Fix for ya...

Hammered,

did you get that vibration thing figured out? was it the U joints? Your freekin jeep is awesome. I showed pics to my wife and she wants me to do that with the new one! Thanks buddy!!!!!!!

sean

Mmm, I will change the diff fluid and see how it rides. Plus I need Flex UCAs so maybe once I get that crap ironed out I'll be good.

I've been on the PA Turnpike at about 70 and it seems ok. But I would hate to hear any loud noises at that time. Yikes. :)

x2 same thing happened with me. Turning 2700 RPMs on the highway as opposed to about 2300 RPMs makes quite a difference. Revealed the bad slip joint in my front driveshaft REAL quick.

Well Thanks anyway bro. Hey did you ever get your ZJ tie rod in?
I am going to be tooling in the garage this weekend, and we could swap it for ya, and from the sound of it I think I will be headed to King of Prussia to Shorty and Daves truck yard for some LCA's if you wanted me to look for anything or to tag along.

2n8xvtg.jpg

:) hey let me know when you're going to the junkyard. If I'm home I'll go, I need some stuff. Or you can just pick me up stuff.

Today is not a great day for u-pull-its..
But I am in one of these days for a junk yard run.. I am looking for another zj tie rod for my wifes jeep, and a v8 zj fron drive shaft, Rumor has it, they can be used in the rear of an XJ with the ax15 and an SYE

Rumor has it, they can be used in the rear of an XJ with the ax15 and an SYE

ain't just a rumor. a friend of mine told me vague details about some GC shaft that worked and i went to the yard and figured out which model/year would work last fall when i did my SYE. i've been running one since then and know at least 4 other people that are doing just the same.

I probably wont be home for a few weeks...I just finished hell week number 2 at school(4 tests and an 18 page paper) so I'm pretty far behind on my hours at work. I'll call you when I get a chance anyway because you're too cool to talk to me on aim. :moon:

Back