• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official 30th Aniv. Event Trail Run Discussion thread

Anyone interested in a day run of White Rim on the 10th? I have to scratch that itch..

I'm gonna run the Lockheart Basis Trail with Ryan on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'd be interested in this as well. I really want to see all the sights I can on this trip. I can climb rocks back here, albeit they're a whole lot smaller, but I can't see what can be seen there.

I'm gonna run the Lockheart Basis Trail with Ryan on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'd be interested in this as well. I really want to see all the sights I can on this trip. I can climb rocks back here, albeit they're a whole lot smaller, but I can't see what can be seen there.

That's the beauty of this area. You can have your cake and eat it too. Some of the most challenging trails are also the most scenic. In fact it's hard to go anywhere in the area that doesn't offer beauty along with whatever the trail throws at you.

CAKE?!

patty-cake.jpg

Cindy and I did the White Rim in about 10 hours. We also did the Lockhart basin from Moab, and did Elephant Hill and some others in the Needles district, all in one long day.

While we certainly would have gotten much more out of these experiences had we taken 2-3 days on each, we still had a great time, got some amazing pictures, and experienced something which is non-existent in most of the USA. On both of these very long trails, you see almost no signs of civilization, and very little traffic. We saw one other vehicle on the Lockhart basin road, and only a few mountain bikers and their support vans on White Rim.

I guess my main point is, do what you can, when you can. Hopefully we will get back there to properly experience these trails, but if not, we've already had amazing times on them. You never know what life will throw at you, nobody on their deathbed ever wished they spent more time working!

John understands.

I'v had a few failed attempts to get out to Moab, WRT has been on the bucket list for a very long time and I need to complete it.

In all honesty this will probably be my one and only trip to Moab.

High.. see ya on Lockhart!

That's the beauty of this area. You can have your cake and eat it too. Some of the most challenging trails are also the most scenic. In fact it's hard to go anywhere in the area that doesn't offer beauty along with whatever the trail throws at you.

This is what I like to hear!!! I've seen pictures and even videos of some of the trails but I know they don't do the scenery justice. I'm stoked about getting out there and doing some wheeling in some beautiful country and meeting some more NAXJA peeps!

John understands.

I'v had a few failed attempts to get out to Moab, WRT has been on the bucket list for a very long time and I need to complete it.

In all honesty this will probably be my one and only trip to Moab.

High.. see ya on Lockhart!

My bucket list got a whole bigger once this event got on my radar. I know I won't get to do many trails in the grand scheme of things but I'm excited about the ones I will get to do.

Overland, I look forward to it!!

John,
It's on you bucket list. Go for it. Perhaps Doug and I can accompany you, separate Jeeps, or one. We need to see how it goes. I just know it's a long effing trip from Moab to Moab in one day.

After reviewing all runs and thinking about what I want to do, I've come up with my list, from Tuesday to Saturday:

Seven Mile Rim
Fins N Things
Poison Spider Mesa
Moab Rim
Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike

It's not too early to plan, is it? :)

I'm planning on:
Lockhart canyon
Poison Spider Mesa
Hells Revenge

Then moving out there and never coming back to Indiana........:D

Then moving out there and never coming back to Indiana........:D

You laugh but that is exactly what happened to Randy (IntrepidXJ) He came out here twice, then gave up everything, left Chicago and moved to Grand Juction. The only time he went back home was to deal with a death in his family.

Ok folks, I've updated the trail run schedule (see pdf below) and added the Leaders who've stepped up. We still have a lot of Leader slots to fill, so PM me with the trails/dates that you can lead.

Attachments

• NAXJA 2013 30th Anniv Event Trail Runs R2.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 59
You laugh but that is exactly what happened to Randy (IntrepidXJ) He came out here twice, then gave up everything, left Chicago and moved to Grand Juction. The only time he went back home was to deal with a death in his family.

If I could find my pay and benefits out there(within a few hours of Moab) I'd probably do it. Other than family I have nothing holding me back. I have a great family though. That makes the decision hard for me.

Ok folks, I've updated the trail run schedule (see pdf below) and added the Leaders who've stepped up. We still have a lot of Leader slots to fill, so PM me with the trails/dates that you can lead.

Sweet - looks like that FloydXJ guy is going to keep busy. :party:

Back