• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not bad for pepboys... not bad at all

I've got the Dakota M/T's as well for almost a year. One thing to mention is that they do have a 40,000 mile warranty on them. After wearing in a few thousand miles, they get as noisy as the rest of the M/T's IMO. Also, I'm having a hard time getting mine balanced properly. They were fine at first, but after 5000 miles and the first rotation, we can't quite get the proper balance and I get vibes at 70 or greater.

Overall I'm quite pleased with them though. They do hook up pretty good for what I am used to. They are only 2-ply sidewall, so don't treat them rough in the rocks. But for a daily driver / weekend warrior, they seem to fit the bill for me. Hard to beat a set of 4 31's installed for an end price of around $400.

like said above they are a ok tire for a good price, the side walls are weak I would not reccomend them for any tough offroad use.

I bought my 31 Dakota MT's in Jan or Feb. Pep Boys hires the most incompetent idiots in their shops. I got a flat and got there when they opened at 9AM- second vehicle in the bays. IT TOOK UNTIL 11:30 TO FIX MY FLAT TIRE- a simple patch! To replace a flat tire with 3/4 tread life left, guess what they charge......$93. I neede it done so I told them go ahead and replace it. The guy that rang me out looked at the wrong bill and told me I was all set. I asked him "are you sure?" and he says "yeah, you're all set, you don't owe me anything". I thought maybe it was because it took them 3HOURS to replace my tire- which went IMMEDIATELY up on the lift! I left ran some errands and got home to a message from Pep Boys on my answering machine" Hi, this is Pep Boys, I accidentally told you that there was no balance due, but you owe us $93. Could you please come and pay us?" HAHAHAHAHA. Do you think I went to pay them after all the problems with simple warranty work? Not likely. Their mileage warranty sucks!! Their service sucks. Their tech's suck. On installation I told them not to use stick on weights- what was on the inside of my rims? Stick on weights! The tires wear okay, the road noise isn't too bad either. They cleaned out well in the gloppy mud and pulled me through whatever I put in front of them. They ARE made by Cooper btw.
The moral of the story- Don't buy Definity tires, you will pay the extra $100 on your first warranty service to the tires. Next time I will get the Truxs M/T's from Town Fair Tire- never had an issue with them.

jstone8952 said:
after a quick wash...

liftandstuff039.jpg

liftandstuff038.jpg

I don't know, but I wish I lived in a southern state so my XJ would still look like that. I would never get rid of a vehicle!

I fawkin hate road salt.

I ran their old style Futura MT's and they kicked arse. I couldn't tell the difference between them and bfg mt's on the trail. Both performed outstanding. I haven't had the chance to try the new futura tread design.

I agree with the above, pepboy's service sucks. They installed that set of mt's i had years ago and put 20 psi in one, 35 in two, and 55 psi in the 4th. What kind of shop does that? I never had any service done in their shop after that.

yeah im not a real fan of their service either. on top of that the guy quoted me the price of "a little over 500" and i ended up paying 560. then they took over 4 hours to install them and scratched my rims...

Back