• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Paint :) Help me decide a color...

Unfortunately, no. Just like 90% of other paint projects people post up lol.

I have most of the supplies, but I'm at the point of deciding whether or not it's worth it. My windshield is leaking, rear pinion gear going, trans going, engine with 250k+ miles. I might wait until this one dies out, and start again from a clean slate. I feel like for the price it would cost to fix all those goodies, I could get an entirely new nice condition xj :) So everything is currently on hold.

Well if nothing else I was able to find out about that raptor liner. I look forward to seeing it go down once you do get a decent base to work with.

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES!!!!!

Looks like fate gave me my answer...
13743_1190431160657_1224690246_30671052_381503_n.jpg

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES!!!!!
Looks like fate gave me my answer...
13743_1190431160657_1224690246_30671052_381503_n.jpg

That would certainly not be my first choice, but hey, whatever does it for ya :laugh3:

At least it died dirty!!!!

The bus driver was sent the the hospital, but I think it was more precautionary. He seemed fine. My face hurts like shit from the airbag, most notably my nose. Felt like a punch to the schnaz. My eyes were watering and everything.

That's exactly why I replaced my airbag with a jiffy pop popcorn popping pan.

LOL well in this case I think I can safely say if the airbags didn't blow I would probably have a broken nose. I wasn't anticipating the accident so my grip on the steering wheel was less than hulk hogan status.

looks like your front bumper is still good :D

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES.

The beast is back :) Well, sort of. Bought another the other day, just got it back to my driveway today.

$750. '99, perfect body, perfect black interior, same exact deep amethyst or whatever color, limited so it's fully loaded not an SE [suck edition]. 130k miles. Stock gunmetal and polished Ecco wheels in perfect shape. And last but not least..... Blown head gasket. I've seen a couple new head's on ebay ready to go for around $300, I may just do that. I'll start another thread outside this forum with a little more details and more pics when she's washed. Here's a teaser for now.

0615001842.jpg

Edit: In regards to the color. My last was patriot blue. This one is deep amethyst. Dang I thought they were the same...

Last edited:
Agate would be the word your looking for for the color of interior... My favorite interior color. Looks like a really good deal!

Agate... exactly lol. I just realized it also has 4 wheel abs. Kinda sucks cuz it's got the 35, but abs also would have saved my ass last time around, so I think I might just keep it. I don't plan on anything too extreme.

Snapped a few more pics tonight. Gash her a quick bath with a brush just to get the 8 months worth of sap and dirt pollen off of it.

She also started... threw on a jumper box, turned over about 2 times and fired right up. Hasn't been started since before last halloween. I was amazed. Of course I only let it idle for about 5 seconds and shut it off, who knows what condition the engine is in. More updates and a new thread to come soon.

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

Back