• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New indestructable trackbar.

It does hang down a little bit. It doesn't bother me though. I'm mostly a mudder so it'll just plow through whatever hits it lol.

then what was the point of upgrading?

it looks like someone over engineered it. there is no need for that many bends unless you are riding on 9" coils

then what was the point of upgrading?

it looks like someone over engineered it. there is no need for that many bends unless you are riding on 9" coils

I rather have strong parts than thin weak parts that would leave me stranded. Sliding sideways into a rut puts tremendous stress on the t-bar as it keeps your axle centered. Andy made the beefiest bar I could ask for from scratch without my jeep for fitting and testing. It didn't come out like we wanted but he is redoing it and making it better. If he had my jeep with him i'm sure he would've gotten it right the first time.

thats cool that hes re-doing it for you.

but in short..yes those bends do weaken it. and many times bent tracks aren't necessary at all. especially when the bends are so extreme they dip below the axle line. im running about 6 inches of lift, I made my track bar out of 1.5x.25 dom with no bends. clears everything beautifully, and ive got less money into it then any track bar you can buy, with no worries about it breaking. and in your sliding sideways case...well that radius there is going to cause a focal point for all the stresses

Why don't you keep the over bent trac bar and use it as a boat anchor? It would work perfectly, it weighs a ton and catches on anything near by.

All joking aside, Im glad to hear your getting it corrected and the fabricator is keeping his word. Please keep us posted with updates and pics.

Back