• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new comanche

the tires have maybe 10000 on them and have been sitting in a garage for awhile. i will have the balance checked tomorrow though. pinion angle is alittle low, going to adjust for that soon. also thinking about droping this thing down an inch or 2. got the passanger side seat out and shampood carpet and seat. there is no antenna so radio staions suck, going to try to make my own. also starting on the body work. pics coming soon.

I was going to say.. only 2.5L came with 4.10s stock.
But , with the ax-15 I would say 4.56. If you get a deal on the 4.88s go for that, I guess. Yes, you will need a different carrier for both the D30 and D44.

I would go 4.88's with 35s and the AX-15. It should put you at the perfect rpms for cruising on the highway, and keep you from slipping the clutch as much off road. Im running 33s with 4.88s and absolutely love it.

what ive been looking at for the back. did some research, made by yukon, just not machined as much as the brand name yukon units. didnt find any failure threads.

http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/Produ...=&Model=&DriveType=&DiffId=&Source=DiffWizard

for the front im going to find a l.s. carrier for the 488s. and most likely some better shafts.

http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/Produ...=&Model=&DriveType=&DiffId=&Source=DiffWizard

for some reason randys thinks my mj has a regular rotation d30? i have the disconnect h.p..

Last edited:
what ive been looking at for the back. did some research, made by yukon, just not machined as much as the brand name yukon units. didnt find any failure threads.

for the front im going to find a l.s. carrier for the 488s. and most likely some better shafts.

for some reason randys thinks my mj has a regular rotation d30? i have the disconnect h.p..
HP = reverse rotation.

Even MJ's had Hp D30s..

Rear ujoint just blew up on me. Found the vibration! Ha. Going to be putting a new spicer one in tonight.

How it's sitting today
99871f81.jpg

that looks so terrible but some 35s back on.

that looks so terrible but some 35s back on.

but it drives so nice! i cant even get into 5th with the 35s. in a couple weeks i should have the dough to drop in some 4.88s. i got the new ujoint in the rear and it drives MUCH better. that joint mustve gone bad before i ever bought it. im going to do the front joint this week when i do the oil change/tranny fluid change.

I'm just messing with you.
5th gear is very nice. 4.88s will be awesome...

yeah it is. it'll grow some cahones soon though.

so, i cut the cat out and welded the "raptor" muffler back in. im all for the keep the air clean and all that, but im only going to driving 200-300 miles a month, if that. im pretty impressed with extra power i feel. was not expecting that.

im having an issue with the rear ujoint.. it seems like there are no ujoint retainers on the yoke, so the little straps are the only thing keeping it from sliding back n forth on the yoke. i have to keep on reseting it and tightening it down. im thinking about throwing some beads on the ends of where the caps sit and then shape them to fit?

you could buy a new yoke? a HD yoke with u bolts is pretty cheap brand new, used even cheaper. i think a dana 30 yoke will work if you have a spare 30 lying around

you could buy a new yoke? a HD yoke with u bolts is pretty cheap brand new, used even cheaper. i think a dana 30 yoke will work if you have a spare 30 lying around

checked them out. cheaper than i had thought. will probably order one up soon.

ordered the yoke the with ubolts. going to be buying the d44 gears next week. im kind of debating if i really need to go to 488s. im most likely going to be running the 33s from the zj on it. this is going to be the dd for awhile so im kind of going for driveability/gas mileage over performance. im thinking 410s or 456? what kind of mileage are you ax15/33/488-456s guys getting?

what kind of mileage are you ax15/33/488-456s guys getting?

AX-15 with 4.88's turning 33x12.50's on steel rims - almost 19 mpg on the freeway if I stay steady at 65.

Still trying to find the MPG sweet spot in the RPM range.

I've AX15, 4.10s and 33s on the MJ, go deeper is all I have to say. My speedometer doesnt work but I would guess at 65 I'm running ~2200 rpm and its gutless on anything other than flat ground.

My roommate has 456s and 33s with an auto and up here in the hills 4.88s would even be nice.

AX-15 with 4.88's turning 33x12.50's on steel rims - almost 19 mpg on the freeway if I stay steady at 65.

Still trying to find the MPG sweet spot in the RPM range.

not as bad as i was thinking. im pretty sure my mj is couple hundred lbs lighter as well. if i could get 20 on the highway, i would be stoked.

I've AX15, 4.10s and 33s on the MJ, go deeper is all I have to say. My speedometer doesnt work but I would guess at 65 I'm running ~2200 rpm and its gutless on anything other than flat ground.

My roommate has 456s and 33s with an auto and up here in the hills 4.88s would even be nice.

hmm, alright. sounds like 488s aint that bad after all. though most of my driving is flat ground, unless i go out of town, and even then its not much.

Back