• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Bling #2...

Daedalus454 said:
Sorry, n00b question, but what are air shocks and how are they better than Bilsteins or OMEs?

Ok you don't want "AIR" shocks unless you are using them in place of your springs. A lot of buggy guys go with the Fox Air shocks instead of coil overs. They use a oil and nitrogen charge to change the spring rate and dampening of the shocks vs a typical coil spring and shock set up.. Example Captain Ron's buggy has Air shocks on it, instead of coil springs and shocks much like a stock rig. A lot of us are switching to tuneable shocks with remote reservoir's to get better ride for both street and off road. Where as the typical bilstein 5100 or OME nitrocharges are non serviceable and not tuneable. I hope this answers your question.

Clean-RC said:
Ok you don't want "AIR" shocks unless you are using them in place of your springs. A lot of buggy guys go with the Fox Air shocks instead of coil overs. They use a oil and nitrogen charge to change the spring rate and dampening of the shocks vs a typical coil spring and shock set up.. Example Captain Ron's buggy has Air shocks on it, instead of coil springs and shocks much like a stock rig. A lot of us are switching to tuneable shocks with remote reservoir's to get better ride for both street and off road. Where as the typical bilstein 5100 or OME nitrocharges are non serviceable and not tuneable. I hope this answers your question.
Thanks, that makes sense. I guess I misunderstood, I thought all Fox shocks were air shocks but apparently this is false.

Back