• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need recovery help!!!

XCastleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My best friend was up wheeling near Nederland today (i wont say which trail). Some how, he got his jeep stuck to the point that he was not able to get it out. He had to leave his jeep up there.

Is there anyone available to help recover him tomorrow? From the sound of it, it's going to take a lot of work and creativity.

He's willing to pay.

His name is Jeff and his number is 720-3zero1-9eight06

mine is 720-29nine-66five8

Thanks guys

As I understand it, the plan is to go up later today w/ two vehicles to attempt to winch him sideways back onto the trail...He says he lost the clutch on his rig...So I am unsure of his plans for the tow home at this point. Maybe he intends to drive w/o clutch? I'm just waiting on the final call/text to determine a meeting place/time etc. I'm departing the Golden area and have seats available for anyone who wants to ride along and lend a helping hand.

Good to hear the plan is coming together.

Mike, we are meeting up in Nederland at 2:00. David is in town and will be going with me so I have a couple of seats. I think it would be helpful to have as many bodies and minds working to get this done.

Give me a call if you want to go. 3zero3-9four1-eight333.

Update?

We got a late start and it took way longer than anybody expected. At least we finally got him off the trail with no breakage. We are on our way home now.

We got him down! Thanks everyone that came up to help!

Got straps?
10410615_10152250127756246_7919783752176224284_n.jpg

10662081_10152250127976246_2777767172187089385_o.jpg

I'll try to throw a few more pictures up later.

David had a blast trying to get the jeep out as my friend (the owner) was to sfraid to sit in the drivers seat during any of the trail work. Lol.

Hahaha yeah he was ready to sell the jeep as soon as we got it un-stuck but I think David talked him back into wheeling on the ride down the trail.

It killed me going up there and not having a jeep of my own though. I've got the itch and I've only been jeepless a little more than a month.

Was it able to drive out under its own power?

Was it the red jeep with no license plate? lol

It was worse than it looked. When I first saw the pictures, I didn't see what the problem was.

When we got there we quickly determined that it would be very easy to simply lift up on the drivers side to get the Jeep to roll down the hill. Both axles were high centered on the edge of the trail and the dirt on the passenger side was very soft. We first tried to pull the Jeep uphill back onto the trail with my LJ, while David was in the XJ. David said it was one of the more sketchy Jeep situation he had been in. The XJ just kept digging deep holes on the downhill side that would lift the drivers side wheel off the ground, which would make it seem as if it was going to roll over to the passenger side.

Then I turned my Jeep around to utilize the winch. We also had to strap the rear to the nearest tree to keep it from sliding. They did quite a bit of shovel work to dig out a few large rocks that were stopping any progress.

Meanwhile, we had Jeeps stacking up since we had the trail blocked. We also persevered rain, lightening and hail.

Once we had the Jeep freed, we had to continue up the trail to the first turnaround spot which included more backing on a narrow trail than I want to do for a while.

All in all, it was a good time, especially since we were successful. The XJ was able to drive off the trail under its own power. I believe he drove it all the way home.

Yes, the owner of the Jeep recently bought that XJ so there was a temporary plate in the back window.

Last edited:
Back