• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Utah local chapter

Hey sorry...forgot to post my email

[email protected]

Sorry that I won't be able to meet at the initial vote, but let me know what the vote is and I'll send an absentee...just hope I punch the card right :)rolleyes: bad joke I know)...

Matt

Yeah, I suppose a new set of springs would be considered good condition. I can't check their ebay auctions from this computer, so I'll check that later. Thanks,

Tom

Hey, once you Utahianites get your act together and form the Beehive Chapter - I'd like to apply for dual citizenship.

Reasoning is simple - after NAC ground, the most offroad dirt I've collected under all of my XJ's has been inside your borders. Although I have friends and relatives in that green and rocky splotch just to the East of you - I take it across the line every chance I get.

Since 1987, as long as XJ's have filled up my garage and driveways, Utah slickrock and desert has been a nearly annual pilgrimage to Cisco, Bluff, Big Water, Panguitch, Sigurd, and all those "interesting" places in-between!

There even was this weird, out of body experience in a rental back in 1973 between SLC and Wendover. Maybe that's why I keep returning - the truth is out there!!! :D

Hope you're in operation by Fling-time!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Dude, we have "green and rockies" here too! Not just desert and rocks! Have you ever been up American Fork Canyon? I remember the mountain views from Denver, and it was nothing compared to my backyard view! So next time you make it out here, let us know where ya wanna go!:party:

:D

No, no, no - you misunderstand - I was just trying to be nice when referring to those grizzled neighbors of yours. I'm well aware of the "green" and high side of Utah. Have had several enjoyable campsites in the Dixie, Fishlake, and Manti-la-Sal N.F.

American Forks - not yet. Always wanted to get to Mt. Timpanogos area though. Seemed like everytime I was in SLC, never had the time to do recon, and every time I drove in from the East, I got "distracted".

Nice place you guys have got yourself there.

And as far as Denver views go, give me the San Juans (and maybe the Maroon Bells) any old time for the good stuff that CO has to offer!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

I know I was just razzin ya! And my backyard is literally Mt. Timpanogos(I live at the foothills of it). Up American Fork Cyn, is the Timpanogos Cave hiking trail, and numerous outdoor activites.

Looks like there will be a trail run here soon, STP is putting it on. Look at un-official trail run for details. Good meeting ground for the NAXJA Utah chapter. I hope we can get more names and e-mails for participation. Later

utahxjer said:
I was reading somewhere here on the site, and I think you have to have atleast 10 members of NAXJA to start a Chapter?

That should be no problem. Didn't we have 11 XJ's on the AF ride?

utahxjer, I went to our warehouse yesterday and saw your rig. We'll have to try out Maxi's next time I come down.

stp189 said:
That should be no problem. Didn't we have 11 XJ's on the AF ride?

utahxjer, I went to our warehouse yesterday and saw your rig. We'll have to try out Maxi's next time I come down.

Actually, I think it has to be ACTUAL members who have paid their membership dues?

I'm sorry for not piping in lately. July is the busiest month of the year for me. I will not be available for a trail run until August, unless it is next week (7/12). I'm willing to help with this in any capacity (as long as it is not prez... Not nearly enough time or comittment) Lets get it done before October! Once we get established and get real ambitious lets explore the possibilities of Wyoming. I was in the Medicine Bow forest South of Rawlins last week. There are many trails, some challenging, and the scenery is more beautiful than anything I've ever witnessed. Maybe a chapter run possibility next year.

Dave Barnhisel
[email protected]

This is why we need to get together and discuss all this in person. I think we have enough for members then a vote. We need to look over the rules and regulations and go from there. Hey David, are you going up on the Bountiful run?

I think we should set up are first meeting this weekend at the Bountiful ridge trail run. Any takers?

Very good, for those of you who would like to meet for a "get to know you " trip check out the Bountiful Ridge trail ride in the unofficial trail run thread by STP. This saturday the 19th

utahxjer said:
Actually, I think it has to be ACTUAL members who have paid their membership dues?

Let's not forget your local Jeeper dues, send me $30 and a picture of your rig and you're in;)............I'm gonna make Treasurer yet!

I will not make it to the Bountiful run. I "get" to help with a Scout camp, yeah, I know!!! I will keep my eyes glued to this post though. You guys better not nominate me as prez!!!(Jeff, I see that imp of mischief on your face!) We need to plan another couple runs before Moab. I've got a great raffle prize for the next run.

Back