• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC 'Spotted' Thread

funny story:

back when my xj was my d.d. i would be driving all over the city mostly north philly and center city, on most days, my jeep was head to tow with mud, its really funny how many people look at you like you are from another planet when you drive around in a big mud covered jeep, i guess cause it doesn't have spinner rims on it

97+ navy blue XJ in the harbor freight / super china buffet parking lot in Worcester MA today around 2-3pm, had Thornbirds and a few inches of lift, wasn't really sure how much as I was in a hurry. Also had a few Monster Energy Drink logos on various body panels.

97+ navy blue XJ in the harbor freight / super china buffet parking lot in Worcester MA today around 2-3pm, had Thornbirds and a few inches of lift, wasn't really sure how much as I was in a hurry. Also had a few Monster Energy Drink logos on various body panels.
Thornturds+Harbor Freight+Monster stickers= Winner winner chicken dinner(at the buffet). I don't even know how to describe what could be wrong with that series of information, just need to add a D35 to the mix.

Thornturds+Harbor Freight+Monster stickers= Winner winner chicken dinner(at the buffet). I don't even know how to describe what could be wrong with that series of information, just need to add a D35 to the mix.
damn! I usually check what the rear axle is when I post up a spot (if I can get a look at it), completely forgot to this time.

I was at harbor freight to get a new wheel for my 2 ton engine hoist :eyes:

Call me a sucker for cheap crappy tools... I was impressed though, I beat the crap out of that thing and lifted a 4.0/aw4/231 combo with the arm all the way out, it was only rated for like 500lbs at that setting and it handled it fine even while we were screwing around with it and levering the legs around in the mud trying to drag it across the yard. I broke the wheel off trying to turn it to a better angle with a pair of pliers, that seems to be the weak point.

haha i was just at harbor freight today too. got a new toolbox so needed socket strips. 79cents each :party:. plus a pack of 4 wire wheels, wire brush, and adapters for angle grinder for $12. i paid almost double that for only one at homedepot t:passgas:
kastein i agree, wheels are always the weak points for cheap items like that. theres this one oil catch+drain dolly thing at the shop i used to work at and those darn wheels would always get so f'ed up one way or another

Wear safety glasses while you use those... or anything else in an angle grinder...

ANSI Z87+ at least.

I might have to head back and pick up a toolbox actually, I've been meaning to get one to put my spare fuses/bulbs/first aid kit/bungees/random spare parts in but didn't feel like dropping 20 bucks at home depot for a small steel one.

Black 97+ in Framingham today at the set of lights mt wayte ave and union. I think Bic? is his name. I sold him knuckles a while back. I forgot to wave tho

silver 97+ (I think) going westbound on 290 coming up on the exit for 190 around 9:30am. Had fender flares, 32s? 33s?, a few inches of lift, roof rack with spare strapped to it. I was in the white 96 going the other way.

97+ Black xj 4.5" lift 33's with 05 numbers on the back quarter panel in Winslow. You came into my work today for an interview. You were parked next to my 88 burgundy semi-stocker. Did you get the job?

There was a White Pre-96 with 4 -5" of lift 33's and a spare on the roof, a winch bumper and stickers parked in the lot at gear Jammers saloon on 724 in Douglassville this morning..
Looks like some one got hammered and couldn't drive home last night.
anyone here?

That's the kid you had spotted before with the white xj I believe, the one I graduated with. He was talking about getting a winch bumper because he was trying to buy mine. I think he drinks there a lot so I'd bet it's probably him

That's the kid you had spotted before with the white xj I believe, the one I graduated with. He was talking about getting a winch bumper because he was trying to buy mine. I think he drinks there a lot so I'd bet it's probably him

I think you might be right, there are lights mounted on the A-piller..

It was still there this morning. which leads me to believe he was drunk again, or maybe its broken? Who knows, But its a nice looking rig.

Claremont, NH this morning parked by the island in front of the high school. Maroon late model (pretty sure it was two door, only caught a quick glimpse) with aftermarket bumper, winch, looked like about 31's, and showed signs of actually being wheeled.

Saw a pre 97 black XJ at the coventry mall today. ~5 inches, Wide 33's, Cragars, Some small trail damage on the drivers door. Kid around 20 looked to be driving it. Also had a white Rausch Creek Offroad Park Sticker on the Drivers side rear window. Nice looking rig. I wasnt in my XJ....like always.

Yesterday I saw a White XJ with 5.5" and 33's crossing 422. Looked REALLY nice. Had some sort of red/black yakima thing on the roof too

Saw a green xj at franklin pierce university at the "bubble" looked like it had 5+inches, at least 33's and a custom rear bumper. didnt get a good look as there was an EMT call and I had to go.

white pre 96, long arms, winch bumper, 33s, tire and hi lift on the roof really clean, the home depot in Peaksill NY around 10

Back