• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My WalMart Light Rack

Lol...no, not exactly. I meant an aftermarket lightbar that is made to support the larger spot lights. I have been giving this some thought though, let me know what you think. I have seen that some people use 2 of the factory racks and zip tie them together to make them stronger. why not put the 2 as close together as possible, and everywhere you want to mount a light, make a crossmember between the 2 out of like 1x1/4" flatbar and then mount your light to the steel. If you looked down on it from above, it would look something like this. ==1==1==1==1== (forgive the "graphic" art...lol the = are the 2 factory roofracks, and the 1 is the steel flatbar with the lights bolted onto them) That way you are using both "lightbars" to support the light and they are bolted together for added strength. Of course I have seen some pics of xj's with the liberty factory lightbar bolted across the front, and that looks awesome too...Just some food for thought.

I use those same rectangle lights for my rock lights. Low profile, bright, and cheap. That's a cool install.

Well got the all wired up and working now.

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

xjh3 said:
Well, it's funny, I decided I wanted to take off the roofrack. I didn't want to completely ditch the roof lights with it, so I recalled on one of oo7's threads from a while back and thought that this would be the best way to go. Then this thread came up and now I'm the third person to have the same lights in the same place. I guess I'm kind of a copy catter... Oh well I'm over it.

Here it is before with the rack:
P1250006.jpg

Kinda seems naked to me like this, but I'm getting used to it.
P1250011.jpg

I already notice a difference in driving around without the rack.

personally, i would have stuck with the rack and the HELLAS...

Back