• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep was stolen!

Now that is a very lucky thing right there, glad to hear that.

Heard through the grapevine that the jeep was only 10 minutes from his house. Its 100% complete with the exception of tools/spare parts and wing windows.

Scott glad you got it home!!!

Everything was taken from the inside (gadgets, spares, tools, etc...) but he has his Jeep back in one piece. It was found about 10min from his house and he said there isn't any apparent damage. Fricken sweeeeeeet!

Everything was taken from the inside (gadgets, spares, tools, etc...) but he has his Jeep back in one piece. It was found about 10min from his house and he said there isn't any apparent damage. Fricken sweeeeeeet!
;)

More then likely the fact that they were able to see the tools and everything in it was most likely the reason they took it to start with. Be thankful they really didn't know what the stuff on the rig was worth or it wouldn't have been found in one piece got luck on this one for sure.

In all likeliness, all the goodies inside were a bonus and not the reason for the theft at all.

More then likely the fact that they were able to see the tools and everything in it was most likely the reason they took it to start with. Be thankful they really didn't know what the stuff on the rig was worth or it wouldn't have been found in one piece got luck on this one for sure.

Most of what was stolen was ironically covered inside my cargo box, that I just finished building (and had attached to the floor)...they just unattached the whole box and pulled it out (my fault for making the attachments somewhat easy to remove).

They also took my ipod, Oakleys, jacket, backpack...pretty much anything inside that was of value in anyway. Even my $20 spool of welding wire was taken (not the grinding disc next to it though).

Thanks everyone for the help! Without EVERYONE working together, and keeping an eye out for my Jeep, odds are I wouldn't have found it in the condition it was in. The doors were left unlocked, two windows were broken...it was only a matter of time till someone took my deck or speakers and then moved on to the external goodies.

To those who are curious on a full story...Life unfortunately hasn't been put on pause, even though I was dealt a crappy hand this morning. I still have finals next week, a test tomorrow (which I'am NOT ready for, now), a test later this week, etc. So I just flat out don't have time to address everything right now.

Good to hear you got it back.

Talk to your prof who's giving your test tomorrow *TODAY*. If they're a reasonable sort, you may get a few hours of grace.

Well glad you got the rig back in one piece at least, sorry to hear about the newly built box and everything else that was took though. Thieves will take anything use to be anything that wasn't bolted down now it don't matter if it is bolted down. Things could have been a lot worse off though and you did for sure get lucky on this one. Good luck on your test and all you are fully correct though life does still have to go on.

got on this a little late but I'm happy you got it back. This is why I went through the trouble of making my storage box hard to dismount unless you have 2 people and a little time and 2 locks holding it closed. Unfortunately they would probably destroy it getting to the contents anyway. I hate a thief :mad:

Found the frame for my vent window they broke out! It was down the street from my house...

IMAG0252 by schmitz516, on Flickr

its crazy that YOUR tire found that, after a couple days of driving. At least the tire is fixable.

Ok I'm sorry but that is funny to me, even if I was in your shoes and this all happened to me I would have to laugh at myself when finding that in my tire lol.

Back