• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep an eye out for my jeep that just got stolen!!!

Thanks for the tips, ive had friends with wranglers for a while, so im fairly familiar with yj's. Im so excited for cheap, simple lifts! Its definately getting stretched front and rear, and staying leaf sprung for a while. Ive got some plans for the body too, so keep an eye out in the other rides/builds section sometime in the next few months for my build to begin!

It will be getting an aw4 in the future, and i still have my baja shifter laying around too, never got around to putting it in the xj (thank god)

Man, I'm never going to be able to get rid of this damn shifter.

Don't feel bad about the YJ, I'm really going to be going to the dark side later this summer. I'll probably be banned for life because of it too.

proracedriver616 said:
DutchVDub said:
I'll probably be banned for life because of it too.
Meh! The both of you suffer from intense vehicular ADD. You'll be back into an XJ/MJ, just for nostalgia.

Dutch is probably going to dive into the depths of Nissan.

Indeed. Lifetime ban.

Seth. I knew something wasn't screwed tight with you..... and no it wasn't all the extra holes in your head...... it was when you gave up on that uber-sweet MJ. :twak:

Sorry this has happened to ya. I figured your XJ woulda been found by now.......

WTF am I gonna do for fenders for the MJ now???? ****in' crooks. :mad:

Hey, if I find it, can I keep it? :laugh:

Last edited:
We still have the original driver door from our old XJ hanging in the garage for sentimental purposes.

Wait a minute! We also have a full set of XJ doors in the shed. That means that we have more XJ doors that most XJ owners... :guitar:

WTF am I gonna do for fenders for the MJ now???? ****in' crooks. :mad:

Hey, if I find it, can I keep it? :laugh:

If you find it, gimme the axles and wheels and you can keep the rest as a finders fee lol

I have a Comanche Mountain Bike, nostalgia covered.

I have a bunch of those johnny lightning Cherokees laying around my house, Cherokee doors, two sets of stock fenders, and fiberglass Comanche besides on my porch so I'm good on being nostalgic too haha

The only news i have gotten was from my insurance company, that im gonna get screwed out of all the hard work and thousands upon thousands of dollars that i put into the jeep, they shouldnt call it "full" coverage! I did get a pile of crap Mazda 2 for a rental car on saturday, better then relying on a motorcycle and my girlfriends ride.

Ive been checking craigslist every night for my fox shocks/afe intake/army mastercraft seats, mtrs, axles, and other parts that i would recognize as mine, but so far nothing has shown up.

Officer Troy and officer Dave are keeping an eye out for me though! Hopefully ill get a sign of the jeep or parts before the 30 day mark when progressive will cut me a shitty check

And this is why I've seriously considered a stated value policy on my 2door
I got beat pretty hard on my pickup when it was stolen
Sucks but what can you do

I'll be looking to do something of the same when it comes to the buggy (and the truck when I get the buggy insured).

They'd want to replace the buggy for the regular old XJ price. Multiply that by 10 to 15 and then we're starting to talk actual value.

As far as the truck, I've currently got full coverage. Though I need to talk to them about that because i'm sure if I wrecked it they would give me KBB or some sh*t for it.

GOOD LUCK finding a Crew Cab, Long bed, Lariat, MANUAL, 1999.5+ 7.3L F-350 with less than 125k on the ODO for less than 10K.

Gotta love insurance companies. I love them like I love our own government :D

If you read the fine print most insurance companies dont offer full coverage and i assume its for this reason. they arent fully covering the vehicle as youve modified it but as what it is
I know both USAA and Progressive offer Comp and Collision but not full coverage

Jim probably knows more about this though

Yeah, that why i'm going to speak to my insurance company. I know there are companies that will do it, and those are the companies that will get my business. I've got 4 vehicles to insure, and they either get all or none of them.

I'm insured through Allstate, so when it comes time for a sit down with the insurance agent i'll make it known what I want.

This has come up on Pirate several times. One thing guys say has saved their ass, is getting the insurance agent to WET sign a SEPARATE memo stating that you will get stated value of $XXXX. Otherwise they will do they're damndest to pull that rug from under you. Otherwise guys have said that they're insurance agent told them face to face that "if the vehicle is stolen, burns to the ground, etc." they they would indeed get $XXXX stated value. Well when it came time to collect...funnily enough "it wasn't it writing, never said that, sorry it doesn't work that way, etc. etc." BS.

If something happened to my buggy, and I was told I was going to get $XXXX payout to replace my buggy and didn't get that...I'm serious i'd probably have to be carted away in handcuffs.

Last edited:
One week left for my jeep to turn up before the insurance company cuts me a check and I'm s.o.l.

Bummer.

When it does get found...... whatever shape it's in...... it'll likely turn up at one of the insurance auction houses. Kiefer my end up posting up about it since he works for one of 'em.

Bummer.

When it does get found...... whatever shape it's in...... it'll likely turn up at one of the insurance auction houses. Kiefer my end up posting up about it since he works for one of 'em.

Yup when it does get found it will come to my work I can almost guarantee it. If it does come in I will make sure it gets set aside, AMD if any personals are in it I'll make sure to grab them for ya as well.

?.... AND if any personals are in it I'll make sure to grab them for ya as well.

I'd consider the tires, wheels, axles, shocks & fenders all "personals" ....... ;)

When my Jeep was stolen, the reporting officer said one of two things would happen.
1. End up burned out up in the mountains
2. Down south of the boarder with a couple keys of green stuffed in the back

Ended up being found off Federal ~3 days later.

Thieves stole the CAI filter and tube, and my 10 year old North Face jacket and $3 in coins.

If I were you, I would take a day to cruise the surrounding neighborhoods and some around Federal and see what you find. Check the alleys and side streets, and remember to not get shot! Mine was found parked legally in front of a house by a attentive officer who noticed the rear window broken out at 3am on a Saturday night.

Good luck, I know how you feel. :mad:

Back