• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first Comp

Scott Mac. said:
Tool box will be a major pita, I'm sleeping in the WJ.
Spare isnt a problem. Door's can come off.

My major concerns are.
No winch, 297's arn't welded. And I don't think I can get the lincoln locker installed in time.

we'll put the toolbox in the WJ after you wake up.

just don't ride with it.

take the doors off, cool!

go balls out on getting that lincoln locker done, unless you want to end up stuck in that stupid mudhole.....you just need bearings right?

heat em up int he oven at around 350*.....put the carrier in the freezer over night......

you should be able to smack them on easy without using a press.

as for backlash, use the force, go by "feel".........

this isn't a daily driver anymore, just a friendly reminder.

get to work.

Scott, if you don't have time to do your rear gears you prob won't have time to do what I'm offering.

If you want, you can use my front bumper/winch for the weekend, the only prob is that it's mounted only using the three/six factory bolt locations, however it's held winching all the way up guard rail a few years back and I've used it pretty heavily other times. your choice, lemme know, you could drive up here and we'd have your bumper off and mine on in less than six beers, if we hurry.

make sure you paint the bumper yellow.

don't tell scott, let him find out when you get there......

he'll think its funny.

but the rest of us will think its even funnier when he shows up at the comp

Beezil said:
make sure you paint the bumper yellow.

don't tell scott, let him find out when you get there......

he'll think its funny.

but the rest of us will think its even funnier when he shows up at the comp

good idea, thanks for reminding me how much he likes yellow. :D

back up top...

whos going?

scott, you get those doors and hatch off?

locker taken care of?

what's the weather gonna be like?

did you get any details on the course other than the fact there will be retarded water-filled mudholes?

Beezil said:
back up top...

whos going?

scott, you get those doors and hatch off?

locker taken care of?

what's the weather gonna be like?

did you get any details on the course other than the fact there will be retarded water-filled mudholes?

I can't make it, my daughters will be here sometime Sat.

the weather is going to be great, 50's and sunny, but that's two days in advance, who can tell.

with those water filled mud holes, you may want to keep your gate on, once you fill up with mud you're gonna weigh more than what the gate saved you.

[chant voice] locker, locker, locker, locker, locker, locker [end chant voice]

The locker is in, and held together long enough to get the Jeep onto the trailer.
I twisted a torx bit trying to get the doors off, so those will stay on for now. I did clean out the tool box.

Scott Mac. said:
I twisted a torx bit trying to get the doors off, so those will stay on for now. I did clean out the tool box.

Pull up next to a tree about at your back bumper. Open door. Put it in reverse. Nail the throttle. WAAALAAA!! No more door.

Worked for me in Tellico :laugh2:

SewerBoss said:
Pull up next to a tree about at your back bumper. Open door. Put it in reverse. Nail the throttle. WAAALAAA!! No more door.

Worked for me in Tellico :laugh2:

if that doesn't work, wheel in tellico....

right nate?

lol

Beezil said:
if that doesn't work, wheel in tellico....

right nate?

lol

....Thread Hyjack....

I was cleaning out my bedroom at home to move in with April and found all of my pics from Tellico. Man that was a blast. Wonder what those camp managers thought when they went to dump the trash and there was a whole windshield rolled up in a couple trashbags :roflmao: And I can't forget to thank Bob* and John* for sneaking me beers while I was underage and with my dad :shhh:

*names changed to protect the guilty :cheers:

SewerBoss said:
....Thread Hyjack....

I was cleaning out my bedroom at home to move in with April and found all of my pics from Tellico. Man that was a blast. Wonder what those camp managers thought when they went to dump the trash and there was a whole windshield rolled up in a couple trashbags :roflmao: And I can't forget to thank Bob* and John* for sneaking me beers while I was underage and with my dad :shhh:

Nate, It still takes me forever to know who the fuk 'SewerBoss' is. Change your name back for the brain dead.

SewerBoss said:
....Thread Hyjack....

Man that was a fun trip..... hey...we were both at age to drink...we just didnt want to buy beer and drink in front of our dads....

but aside from that we do owe Bob* and John* a big :cheers: whose names dont really have to be changed to protect the guilty....this is a family friendly club....

mac 'trying to get my dad to go to moab w/me this year' gyvr

So, Scott.. how did you do? Didya kick butt?

:twak: found the other thread

Last edited:
Back