• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Down Home Country BBQ for my SoCal Bro's as well

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the low down on the ho down (&, no, it's not a brothel). We're gonna host a BBQ / party / M&G out here on the ranch on Sat. April 22. We'll have the BBQ fired up & beer flowing. The camp fire will also be blazing. For those of you not familiar with where we're located we live 1/2 mile from the nearest paved road in the middle of our ranch surrounded by almond orchards. What this all means is that we can get plenty loud & proud without disturbing any neighbors. Last year I think we had over 50 people come out. It's always a great time & all are invited, paid up members or those new & just interested in what our clubs about. Food is still being sorted out, but all are welcomed to bring out their own specialties. This is a family event so kids are more than welcome. I'll have the toys tuned up (couple quads, go kart, & my boys just got a wannabe honda 50). You're all more than welcome to bring out any toys you'd like to play on & ride around as well. For those driving quite a distance we do have plenty of space to pitch a tent for the night & plenty of room inside to toss out a sleeping bag. People wanting to bring out RV's or campers are also welcome. Festivities should begin early afternoon. If you have any questions, post them up!!!

Directions from the north on 99 (North of Madera):
Take 99 south to Ave. 18 ½, which is just north of Madera. At the off-ramp drive straight across 18 1/2 & onto Rd. 23. You'll stay straight on Rd. 23 (south) for approx. 11 1/2 miles until you reach Ave. 7 (stop sign). Turn right (west) on Ave. 7. You’ll stay on Ave. 7 for approx. 8 ½ miles. The last crossroad will be Rd. 16. We are 1 ½ miles past Rd. 16. There will be 2 mailboxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted under them on the right hand side of Ave. 7 (north side). Turn right (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

Directions from the north on I5 (Bay area):
Take I5 south to the Firebaugh turn off / Nees Ave. Take Nees Ave. into Firebaugh. At the first stoplight you come to (hwy 33) take a right. At the very next intersection (stop light) you’ll want to take a left. This is 13th street, which will also turn into Ave. 7 ½. Continue out of town on Ave. 7 ½. After approx. 5 miles Ave. 7 ½ will split into Ave. 7 & Ave. 12. At this split you’ll want to stay to the right & head towards Fresno & be on Ave. 7. Approx. 4 miles after the split you’ll see a large shop / equipment complex on the left (north) side of Ave. 7. Our driveway is ½ mile past the shop on the north side of the road. There are 2 mail boxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted below them. Turn left (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

Directions from south 99 (Fresno & south):
Take 99 north through Fresno. The off-ramp will be Ave. 7, which is the next off-ramp after Herndon. Turn left (west) on Ave. 7. You’ll continue west on Ave. 7 for approx. 18 ½ miles. . The last crossroad will be Rd. 16. We are 1 ½ miles past Rd. 16. There will be 2 mailboxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted under them on the right hand side of Ave. 7 (north side). Turn right (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

This is the address for those that want to map quest it.
14515 Ave. 7
Madera, Ca 93637
The best way to get a hold of me is on my cell with any questions or concerns @ (559) 706-8627. If I don't answer than leave a message & I will get back to you!

Matt

If my junk and Ron's junk are done, I may show.

You want another cat? (feline type) :D

FarmerMatt said:
Whose coming? Gotta go buy da beer.

Captain Ron's providing homebrew, too :D

The "How'd I get sucked into all of this" thread. :D

Ardis and I should be able to make it.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
The "How'd I get sucked into all of this" thread. :D

Ardis and I should be able to make it.

--ron

You're not coming to JV for a shakedown run?

:D

GSequoia said:
Well I've got Holly talked into it and since I'll be taking the stocker to Big Bear I have the time.

I trust your driveway is Mini Cooper friendly?

You do have proper tow points, right? That is an event requirement...

You should be fine. It is 1/2 mile of dirt road, but it's well graded & maintained. The weather looks favorable also. It'll be a long drive, but I'm sure we'll entertain you.party1: It'll be good to see you guys.

Matt

would love to come but 7+ hours on the road for food and a fire is a little much not to mention the fule prices so i will ( truly ) regretably have to decline the invite but i thank you all the same.

P.S. i decided on and bought an XJ only after i saw your work of art, the CAT in the thread " JD is in the barn and the CAT is out to play ( or close to that )

Goatman said:
You're not coming to JV for a shakedown run?

I have been informed the cost of the build and the subsequent month of play is a trip to see the Brother in Law in Merced. I have been able to somewhat offset this cost with a stop on the way back at Matt's.

So I won't be there until Sunday. :D

--ron

I am going to try to make it but I have to figure in my neice's 4 year-old birthday party. :dunno:

Captain Ron said:
I have been informed the cost of the build and the subsequent month of play is a trip to see the Brother in Law in Merced. I have been able to somewhat offset this cost with a stop on the way back at Matt's.

So I won't be there until Sunday. :D

--ron

Ahhh...........very understandable. :loveu:

unfortunately I can't go but I loooooooves me some good ole bbq! I was born n raised in Murphysboro, IL, home of the 4 time world championship barbeque team. :)

Back