• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Chrysler Recall experience:

Hey, just got the call on my 96' cat reimbursement. They said they were going to give me 256.00. I didn't have it replaced at the dealership. I think i paid 182.00 in parts, and a little more in labor, but the girl on the phone said they would give me 256.00. I don't know why i got a different number, and maybe the actual check will be even less, but thats the number she gave on the phone. I'll let ya know what the actual check is.

I have to say i'd be happy if the same thing happened to me.

11 year old vehicle and the manufacturer gives me money back for parts I had bought aftermarket.

I'd be posting up how cool I thought Chrysler was.

I wonder if I can $50 out of Chrysler for the converter I replaced for my 87 XJ.

If not i'm gonna raise some hell.

check came today for 256.00. I don't know why they reimbursed me totally and not you, i didn't have it done at the dealer either. I sent in receipts from my local mechanic and everything......

Just out of curiosity, how many miles did your trucks have on them when hte cat's were replaced? If I remember correctly doesn't the goverment require an 80k mile no cost to vehicle owner warranty on all emissions equipement and parts that are damaged because of failure and/or damage during replacement.

WVXJ said:
check came today for 256.00. I don't know why they reimbursed me totally and not you, i didn't have it done at the dealer either. I sent in receipts from my local mechanic and everything......

I doubt I can get $256. I bought a new cat for about $45 and installed it myself. I don't have any receipts.

The cat I installed is a cheap universal cat. I wonder if the dealer would be willing to install a factory part at this point.

Back