• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 91 xj build thread

thanks guys, and good to know about the welds, i pretty much just figured out the settings from trial and error based on how fugly they looked.

got all the little plates made today. about time to start welding.
6866832694_b48d055daa_c.jpg

picked up a ford high pinion d44 this morning. it has the right gearing already, just need to order a stator kit for my elocker, and find some waggy shafts or something for when i shorten it. guess i need new wheels too....
ill probably still slap in the built d30 for the time being and take my time with the d44. i want to go coilovers in the front eventually, so i think i will wait until i have those before i swap it in so i dont have to weld on coil buckets then cut them off.

due to the shitty weather, i didnt get a whole lot done today. got the access holes cut out, got the frame stiffener section on one side welded in, and all but one plate welded in on that side. i still have some welding to do from underneath, but it's raining and i didnt feel like doing it. i'm pretty happy with how it came out so far, it is solid as hell. i do not think i'll need a cross brace between the two, it's not going anywhere.
i still haven't even welded the gusset sections to the frame stiffener, so it will only get even stiffer. in hindsight, i think 3/16" plate was overkill, but oh well.
had a little trouble getting a decent bead in some of the tighter corners, but it will hold. everything fit together fairly well.
plates that tie in the body to the floor and wall.
6869373228_29312911a6_c.jpg

7016011717_c218983067_c.jpg

7016012907_443c7211b5_c.jpg

Back