• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion to disband the RRC

I could see the chapter being separated into a North and South division. The Red River Division and the Brazos division? Division along the 38th?

i agree with Will !!!!, this chapter is to freakin big but i dont want it to go away

I dont have much time to respond due to the fact I just got back into town. But this is what I will say, fully disbanding the RRC I will fight no matter if I am a BOD or a member.

Splitting it would be the best thing to do. And that has been talked about since before I ever took a BOD position. I don't know if there would be enough members in any area that would be enough to upkeep a Chapter.

I tried very hard as V/P and even harder as Prez to get this Chapter up and running smoothly, but no matter what myself or anyone else did, it was never enough for most people. From what I have seen, to have a sucessful chapter, it's does not depend on the BOD, it depends on the MEMBERS. How much THEY want to give to the Chapter not how much the Chapter can provide for them. If the members don't care, then the BOD does not care and so on....

x2elite and I tried to put this Chapter on the "NAXJA Map" by holding a give away at the first of the year and some in our membership turned on us over that.

But hey... atleast we stepped up and tried.

And on a side note, Texas used to be it's own Chapter.

Last edited:
Splitting the chapter might be a good idea. we have issues here in colorado including the western slope guys but we make it work.

Tom (old man) if my kids weren't here i'd go home....i dont like the cold any way

as for no involvement ive offered to do RRC jobs from here so i don't wanna hear it.
disbanding the chapter is complete and utter BS! I feel rather strongly about this organization as well as my home and just because a few now don't give a rats ass about the chapter doesn't mean we few haven't in the past and don't now. Hell even Ian gave a shit and i bet if you asked him he's smite you all for considering disbanding.

yano its so critical that the motion to disband comes from you JR. it might have have been more appropriate if you asked for Louisiana to have its own chapter. It strikes me as odd that you do this even though you yourself did little while in office and still does very little. Im sure you still have all of the current BOD's phone numbers. You might have asked before posting this motion.

Everybody step back and take a deep breath. Look at everything that Kurt and Justin did this past year. Now look at how many ACTIVE members there are in the Chapter. It doesn't really make much sense for 2 or 3 people to bust their asses just for a half dozen people. When rides are suggested, all people do is bitch that they are too far away. Look at the MWC. They have Winterfest the same place every year. How far do you think some of their members have to drive for that? I still see folks complaining, but not stepping up to make a difference. Whatever. Y'all do what you want.

even not being an XJ owner anymore, i frequent here more than any F150 forums, and are friends with more of yall, either in person or the internet, than i will be with Ford guys. There is a brotherhood, no matter how many of us there are and whether or not it is well-led, that will last. I have met more guys off here than any other forum in the last 10 years of me going on forums, and everyone has been nothing less than wonderful whenever I needed help, advice, or a cold beer and an ear. I count Ed, Brian, Alex, TOI, Bryan (new guy, maxxtraxx), Justin (A/T Fab), Scott, Ryan (Dr. Moab, although he isn't RRC) and the countless others on here as my brothers, and it would be a damn shame to lose that. And disbanding the RRC, even though a lot of us would still browse other forums, would facilitate the loss of everything we've built here.

So we're not as active and we're more spread out than other forums. who cares? I know for a fact, that if I was ANYWHERE within the RRC area and had an issue, I could post up and have help damn near immediately. The southern hospitality runs thick here, and is something I will never exploit, take advantage of, or forget.

Justin, you mentioned that a lot of XJ owners in your area aren't interested. Well, let me pose a question to the rest of yall: If we didn't have the RRC at all, what about that small quotient that IS interested and DOES want to join us in wheeling, wrenching, or throwing back a few? We would lose that.

It is a bad idea all together. I understand your frustration, but I promise you, the RRC will live on and thrive as a community, whether we have direct or indirect leadership. Putting together a BBQ, meet-up, cruise-in, or wheeling weekend doesn't require a title. It requires time, patience, and leadership. Which is something that many of our members are overflowing with.

DO NOT disband the RRC. It will be the end of NAXJA in our area, i guarantee it.

I tried very hard as V/P and even harder as Prez to get this Chapter up and running smoothly,

Thank you :peace:

but no matter what myself or anyone else did, it was never enough for most people. From what I have seen, to have a sucessful chapter, it's does not depend on the BOD, it depends on the MEMBERS. How much THEY want to give to the Chapter not how much the Chapter can provide for them. If the members don't care, then the BOD does not care and so on....

and that is what it boils down too. Give it time. This chapter went through the same thing a couple years ago. Members, came, members left. The newer guys complained that its to big and nobody does anything. Just get with the guys in your area and do something. Just give it time and the chapter will cycle through again. Go to a few events and you will meet people, you will have fun, and you will look forward to doing it again, even if it isnt for another 6 or 10 months.

maybe we need cruise ins, and other non wheeling events/get togethers to get some new XJ'ers out of the wood works. hell it worked for LSJC, i've seen a few jeepers that dont really wheel that are active there.

Personally it almost seems like it is too spread out to be a strong chapter. All of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana? This is such a big area and it's almost too far and too few XJs......

I could see the chapter being separated into a North and South division. The Red River Division and the Brazos division? Division along the 38th?

You guy do realize that the Midwest chapter covers 13 states right? We are doing pretty well having members spread across all those states. If you can get a few people to really step up and take charge you won't have to disband at all. It is really hard for all of our chapter members to make winterfest and the trail clean up but fortunately we have places for 90 percent of our folks to wheel within a few hours of them. That's just my input, I hope you can get this situation worked out. :cheers:

Everybody step back and take a deep breath. Look at everything that Kurt and Justin did this past year. Now look at how many ACTIVE members there are in the Chapter. It doesn't really make much sense for 2 or 3 people to bust their asses just for a half dozen people. When rides are suggested, all people do is bitch that they are too far away. Look at the MWC. They have Winterfest the same place every year. How far do you think some of their members have to drive for that? I still see folks complaining, but not stepping up to make a difference. Whatever. Y'all do what you want.

Its good that you touched on that. We have guys that drive 15, 8, 10 hours and everywhere in between to come to winterfest. We even are starting to have folks from other chapters to see how we roll. The president and VP of the SEC are coming this year as well as a couple other. Mr. Information himself, kastein may even make an appearance.

Well like I mentioned in another thread, to me there are no good wheeling spots within 100 miles (maybe more) from my house. I do not mind driving 5, 6 or more hours to get together with my XJ brothers. XJ owners are a different breed all together. My local club is mainly made up of TJs, LJs, JKs and so on. I like wheeling with them but most of the time I feel out of place. When I wheel with RRC members... I feel welcome, no matter what happens, like working on my XJ all weekend instead of wheel while at an event. The RRC is my NAXJA home and RRC members are like family to me, well most of them. Hell Sparty is like my son. LMAO (Long story).

I hope you guys work this out, it seems that a few of the Chapters are having trouble this year. There are a bunch of good people in the RRC that I met while I was there for a couple months. You guys do have a huge geographic disadvantage though.

Hey guys, sorry havent been around much. moving, deploying, training, no money; so, not mush time for much else. JR, it saddens me to see this brought up. maybe it needed to be said. Either way, I'd throw my hat in the ring for a position on the BOD, but I know that I'd never be able to do the job justice.
With that said I'd deploying VERY shortly here and wont be back till July. I'm disappointed I'll be missing the rides of March this year. Last year was a blast even though the weather was miserable. I was there when Chia got this chapter approved and I loved it since Oklahoma really was on the outer edges of the MWC universe. Time and money really play havoc with my participation in our club and sport, hopefully next year will change that. Smaller chapters do work better, but we just don't have the numbers to run a small chapter in any one of our states. There are what, 4 maybe 5 guys out of OK that frequent these boards? We need this club to be this large just to have enough people to be members. Hell, if the headquarters of the chapter seems to revolve around DFW, then so be it, the MWC seems to be centered in Illinois. I say NAY to the motion that has been put forth.

...When I wheel with RRC members... I feel welcome...The RRC is my NAXJA home and RRC members are like family to me, well most of them. Hell Sparty is like my son....

I shed a tear, honest. And, i've been keeping it to myself; but even if the RRC does "disband," I hope that we can all still be friends and may the rays of the sun grant us another "snowball run" whenever we can all get together. Heh, I was gunna send you a message earlier; but I know you're busy, dad, didnt wanna bother you. Sometimes I wish Texas wasnt so big...

I forgot to mention, I have a handful of guys that I meet up with every Monday at a local car meet here in Garland hosted by Ricekiller.com Realy nice guys, im still trying to convince them to join NAXJA. No luck so far though, i'll keep trying though. Maby if I get them to join, we can make a DFW sub-chapter or something. We should rethink our tactics. Work together with people around us, create a large enough group, so when its that time of year; we can all ride in together from different cities and take over Gilmer or Super Lift or wherever we happen to meet. But like Jared, owner of Ricekiller.com always says, "It's not just about getting together somewhere and flexing your muscles. It's not about who has the most expensive mods. It's about representing an idea, and having fun. No mater if it's you as an individual and two buddies, or a crowd of 750 vehicles and 1,200 spectators like we have every Monday..." Blah blah blah, yall get the point.

I move that the motion the disband NOT be seconded, and that the "motion to disband" be disbanded with prejudice!

Do I have any seconds on the new motion?:sunshine:

It doesn't all have to be about wheeling either. It could be scenic road trips, or a group camp out, helping a few guys out with some wrenching, or like others said BBQ's, or even fishing/hiking. We have more than just XJ's in common, we love the outdoors. It's good to mix it up and not always make it about hitting the local trails, make it about the comraderie. Sorry I'm not a member of the RRC, but I thought I'd offer a few ideas.

It doesn't all have to be about wheeling either. It could be scenic road trips, or a group camp out, helping a few guys out with some wrenching, or like others said BBQ's, or even fishing/hiking. We have more than just XJ's in common, we love the outdoors. It's good to mix it up and not always make it about hitting the local trails, make it about the comraderie. Sorry I'm not a member of the RRC, but I thought I'd offer a few ideas.

X2 This! I missed out on most of the wheeling this summer once I broke my rig, but I still helped out my club(Ar. Crawlers), but it's also easier for me because I'm so close to Superlift. I did parking duty, cooked burgers and hot dogs, and whatever else I could do to help out! Justin(Lilredwagon) told me about ROM and I hate that I missed out, but he told me that Kurt, Justin(X2elite), and Alex made it all worthwhile!

Back