• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mojave Road

Andy Steiner said:
If you don't have a CB, then you're doing something different then the rest of us.

Besides Scott, if you don't have a CB you'll never know if we're poking fun at you or not. :D

GSequoia said:
Besides Scott, if you don't have a CB you'll never know if we're poking fun at you or not. :D

ohhhh now thats just crule!!

I spoke to my buddys dad last night, He is a short haul trucker and said that he has something special to hook me up with. I am a little worried about what he has in store for me, but he said that it will be more then i'd ever need. Something about peak and tune and non-sense.

I guess we can say i'm tentatively in for the run. I really love the idea of the excursion type runs.

-Scott

Date

Has a date been nailed down yet? May have missed it but want to start planning as I am hoping to make this run.

Count me and my husband in! Haven't figured out which Jeep to bring yet (XJ or MJ). Just need the dates. I have a spare hand-held CB someone can borrow for the trip, if needed.
Happy trails,
Diana

Im Coming! I'm Coming! MJR should be too hopefully, See you guys there.

(Like you didnt know, huh Andy? :) )

-Marisha

I'd be interested in taking this run also. I've spent quite a bit of time on and around the first half (between the river and kelbaker road), but I've never made the whole trip.

Matt

Sounds like fun. We would like to join you. We have been wanting to run the old road for some time now. Please let us know what date you set. We are available the first and the fourth weekends in April, if that works out. There is a great book out called Mojave Road Guide, An Adventure Through Time by Dennis G. Casebier. It is full of great info and it gives a mile by mile, play by play tour of the road with maps and history from the start to the finish of the road.

Scottme

Yeah, I missed Calico due to my dad's heart attack.... But he's way more important.... Anyway I've always seen stuff on the net about the trail.... Count me in too. At least me and some of my family. Maybe I can even get my wife to prepare some desserts for the around the campfire stories..

Scott Suyeto

RisingSun said:
Yeah, I missed Calico due to my dad's heart attack.... But he's way more important.... Anyway I've always seen stuff on the net about the trail.... Count me in too. At least me and some of my family. Maybe I can even get my wife to prepare some desserts for the around the campfire stories..

Scott Suyeto

WooHoo now your talking Scott. We may finally get on a run together. I'll have some of my family in tow as well so see you then.

Joe

P.S. We will probably head up Friday Morning and stay a night in Laughlin depending on the date, time and meeting place.

Yeah, I dig all historical stuff, this is the perfect trip for me... wether family wants to come or not! I've always wanted to run this trail but wasn't sure if I could ever get anybody to go with me... Perfect opportunity to run it with a bunch of XJs.... I'm tryin to get my brother to go too.... I want to do the same stop in Laughlin on Friday night.

Scott S.

Back