• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab run in May?

You want 33's JJ...... With your gear ratio, 32's will cause your RPM's to be too high and could give you problems passing. Hell, the usual goobs that run those tests could blow up your rig.... too busy watching the speed monitor, not the tach.

YELLAHEEP said:
You want 33's JJ...... With your gear ratio, 32's will cause your RPM's to be too high and could give you problems passing. Hell, the usual goobs that run those tests could blow up your rig.... too busy watching the speed monitor, not the tach.

What's this world coming to? I use to know all kinds of guys that ran 32s, 4.56s and an auto.

After all my 35's are probably pretty close to 33" tall with 25psi and tread wear. :) Anyone got some 33s then? I only need to two....

JohnJohn said:
I've been tossing around the idea of pussing out as usual...but i really can't justify.

Pros:
1) Mom & Dad are going with the my old TJ (and have a free room for me)
2) I really need to get away for a few days I have been working my tail off
3) Wife and kids are not coming
4) The poor XJ was last wheeled and Co-Fest...by the wife
5) drive Led crazy all weekend
6) I have some time tomorrow afternoon to handle 3 and 4 on the Con list

Cons:
1) Mom & Dad are going (kidding)
2) Wife and kids are not coming
3) Leak at the down part of the water pump, right at the hose. Could be just the hose, but still a PITA to drain and fill(do I have a Home Depot bucket around here?)
4) rear locker is still slipping. I need to pull the rear cover AGAIN and locktight the nut on the actuator. PITA
5) pack my stuff
6) find the money for gas and Jack D

You are really over thinking this John..:spin1: It is Moab for christ sake! Get your a$$ in gear and hit the road next week!

Ordered my chro-mo axleshafts, super joints, and front locker yesterday- should be here by Thursday.Just got to install them, do an oil change, rotate tires and help Led finish up his rig.

JJ........You're going- 'nuff said.

Troy........Someday you'll get to wheel again.

Last edited:
Looks like I will be puttn the shafts and joints in in Moab, unless I can make it up to Springs on Fri to pick them up. Other than that all I need to do is pack, load the jeep and roll.....

planefixer said:
Ordered my chro-mo axleshafts, super joints, and front locker yesterday
...does that mean you sold the MJ?

JohnJohn said:
I know, I talked to Matt last night, even if I have to drive my mini van out with his camper behind it...I'll be there.

Joe, bring me those 32s if your heading this way. Are they extras you have? How many days can I borrow them?

Nice JJ!

Cage is done, tanks are filled, tools and gear are packed, just waiting for Monday to get here:sunshine:

I'll see what I can do, the hill is getting slammed with snow right now so passage might not be a good idea.

The tires are currently on my rolling wreck... You can borrow them for a week or so but I will need them back until I get all the new toys for it but I have two stock size spares so it isn't a huge priority.

Later,
Joe

jeff, so you're going out monday to monday? will you be wheeling that last monday (7th) or will it just be a travel day back home?

any sort of tentative trail schedule yet?

terry

MMIXJ said:
...does that mean you sold the MJ?

Yep.Sunday morning it went bye-bye.:wave: Kind of wanted to keep it but needed the $$$$.It went to a good home-A fellow XJer here in town.

Tony and I are heading out Monday.I'm not planning on wheeling the following Monday- its travel home day.As far as trail schedule... we're going to do Pritchet Canyon on friday other than that we dont have a schedule, we'll have a pow-wow each evening and decide which trail(s) to run the next day.

Last edited:
kemosabee said:
Hey guys, is this an "open" group run? I'm thinking about going and meeting all you guys, and it probably would be good to go before Moab turns to 100+ degrees. It's a short drive for me, only takes 3 hours. If I did come out there it would be Thursday night or Friday - Sunday.

Join the party.:guitar: :cheers: :D

The list is almost done.

Fixed the ARB lockers today and they work :cheers:
The special project that you all will see soon is almost done
Roll cage almost done. three more pieces
valve cover gasket replaced and no oil leaking.

I am ready to get out of this freakin place and crush some rocks!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'll be leaving Wednesday with Matt.

anyone have a line on one single H2 wheel? I'm going to try some of the local shops here tonight to see if they'll sell me one.

- finish wiring up my ARB swtitches
- run the ARB lines
- adjust the steering a little
- install the new bumpstops
- exhaust goes in on Saturday morning (can't wait to drive it there with straight pipes) :D
- double check everything to make sure it's tight
- install CB

it looks worse than what it is but I REALLY need to find that H2 wheel.

Back