• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab run in May?

formatt said:
anyone have a line on one single H2 wheel? I'm going to try some of the local shops here tonight to see if they'll sell me one.

- finish wiring up my ARB swtitches
- run the ARB lines
- adjust the steering a little
- install the new bumpstops
- exhaust goes in on Saturday morning (can't wait to drive it there with straight pipes) :D
- double check everything to make sure it's tight
- install CB

it looks worse than what it is but I REALLY need to find that H2 wheel.

Bought my wheel tonight, ordered the tire and adjusted the steering. :)

Secret project is getting the shiny stuff put on today.

I did run into a problem last night but it is fixable. Should have known before I attempted it.

Matt gave me a couple options for it. I can see what the rest of you guys think would work once you see it in Moab.

Yes, Jeff does now what the project is. You are going to like them Jeff.

Matt what did you find out with your rig last night :thumbup: or (n) ?

Not sure... I really can't tell with it sitting in my garage. It was definitely off by about a half inch. Its tough because I can't really pull it out of the garage and piss off the neighbors more than I have. I'll have to just wait until Saturday morning when I take it in. I might just swing by AA's place on the way home and see if he notices anything while I'm actually driving up the street. I sorta think it's what you were talking about, Tony. Just an optical illusion. I talked to Josh a couple days ago and he said that's REALLY uncommon for a ford axle and almost always necessary on Chevy stuff. Fixing it isn't a problem at all... It's really super easy but I'm just out of time. It'll have to wait until I get back.

So will it work for Moab, or is it off to much to take it out there? Matt you could swing by tonight with it and I can check it out with ya and so you can come see my project status.

I'll be in the garage for a little tonight bending my top windshield spreader and A to B pillar spreaders.

Straight headers and all..:D

AA is going to get the Camaro before you get over. All out straight header free for all. That what I'm talking about:thumbup:

formatt said:
Not sure... I really can't tell with it sitting in my garage. It was definitely off by about a half inch. Its tough because I can't really pull it out of the garage and piss off the neighbors more than I have. I'll have to just wait until Saturday morning when I take it in. I might just swing by AA's place on the way home and see if he notices anything while I'm actually driving up the street. I sorta think it's what you were talking about, Tony. Just an optical illusion. I talked to Josh a couple days ago and he said that's REALLY uncommon for a ford axle and almost always necessary on Chevy stuff. Fixing it isn't a problem at all... It's really super easy but I'm just out of time. It'll have to wait until I get back.

Matt, are you talking about what I saw in the picture...sorry bud.

Got the passanger seat bracket fixed, got the rear spreader for the cage painted and notched just got to weld it in, hard mounted the CO2 take, got the fancy (by that I mean high dollar clevis) on the syn. rope. I just cant wait till next week to get on the road and hit the trails.

I left a message on your voicemail and you never got back to me... call me tomorrow morning and I'll see if I can swing up to CR with the tires. Do you just need 2 or all 4?

Later,
Joe

I'm pumped too, wish I could come down /w more of you guys and hang out. For those of you staying at Slickrock, when you see me pull in Sunday evening /w a green Dodge and 25' Haulmark race trailer, come over and say HI. If you guys are in the group site, it looks like I'll be in the first RV site right next to you.

John

Avanteone said:
I'm pumped too, wish I could come down /w more of you guys and hang out. For those of you staying at Slickrock, when you see me pull in Sunday evening /w a green Dodge and 25' Haulmark race trailer, come over and say HI. If you guys are in the group site, it looks like I'll be in the first RV site right next to you.

John

We're from Colorado...We'll say hello AFTER you're all unloaded and your tent is up. :D

Back