• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Prep: Whats done/Whats left

SYE project has been abandoned.

Almost everything else is ready, just need to install skid plate and tie downs in the rear.

maybe an oem spare tire carrier if its still in the yard.

Find spare for trailer.
Load camper, Jeep, trailer.
Shop for food.
Fix fuel pump on truck.

Almost ready! :D:D:D

Went wheeling last weekend. Now I have a high steer arm to fix and a pulley noise to isolate. Otherwise, it's ready to go. Oh, and change the oil in the truck.

My list went from this- (Back to this)

Replace the AC condenser and charge the AC Still to be done

Remove, repair, and re-install the front D44 ARB Still to be done

Re-engineer the front RE drop bracket/control arm suspension into a mid-arm 3-link. Not happening at this time

Remove Tomken rock rails, cut out rockers and weld rails in place, incorporating new front leaf spring mounts for longer leafs. Done

New 35" tires, or maybe open another can of worms and go 37s... Not happening at this time

Give the trailer a once-over. Done

To this-

Install the CB in the wife's jeep and drive to Moab
Cindy had second thoughts about wheeling her jeep for an entire week...

I didn't have much to do.

Torque all front and rear end bolts - DONE
Fix small overheating problem - DONE
Install new 5150 front shocks - DONE
Locate and fix irritating squeak in cargo area - DONE
Install anchor points in cargo area - DONE
Tune CB radio - DONE
Buy beer for lesslimited - DONE

I just have to pack up a few more tools and parts, pack my clothes, and fill the gas tank.

I didn't have much to do.

Torque all front and rear end bolts - DONE
Fix small overheating problem - DONE
Install new 5150 front shocks - DONE
Locate and fix irritating squeak in cargo area - DONE
Install anchor points in cargo area - DONE
Tune CB radio - DONE
Buy beer for lesslimited - DONE
Tack weld trackbar bracket bolts that I keep having to retorque halfway through the trail - To do.

I just have to pack up a few more tools and parts, pack my clothes, and fill the gas tank.

I added one, Johnny. :D

I added one, Johnny. :D

Ooohhh maaaannn.....

We really torqued those suckers down good this time. Should've had FordGuy lay down a couple of welds while we were there.

Johnny what did you do for your tie downs?

I got 4 of those S10 Blazer things that Sequoia and Karstic were talking about. There were 4 S10 Blazers in a row at the Milliken yard yesterday, so I pulled all four. Each vehicle only has one.

I may go back to the OC yards tomorrow to see if I can find a couple more.

I got 4 of those S10 Blazer things that Sequoia and Karstic were talking about. There were 4 S10 Blazers in a row at the Milliken yard yesterday, so I pulled all four. Each vehicle only has one.

I bought some 2000lb rated d rings from Jegs.

Where did you mount them? Did you pull the carpet to drill?

Carpet? What's that? :) I don't have any carpeting in the cargo area. So it was easy to do the drilling.

I put two in the rearmost corners of the floor. Then two where the rear seat used to be. Those are so I can strap down my three mini Rubbermaid containers.

Haha, lucky.

I guess I'll pull the carpet to drill mine then cut holes in it for the d-rings to come out.

Wanna sell one?

Got under the Jeep today......damn...I think I would have been happier if I had just ignored that area.
I decided to take the next two weeks off so I can take work on it!

:D

Then the week after Moab, its time for Florence Junction!

Tie downs: Done
OBA bracket: Done

And I did it all without drilling any holes in the wrong places or trashing the carpet :D

Gotta pickup the co2 bottle I'm borrowing from a friend, change the rear diff fluid and seal it up (its leaking), and install the tc skid, and I'm done!

I got 4 of those S10 Blazer things that Sequoia and Karstic were talking about.

I'm back to being chopped liver again.

<sigh> :sure:

Back