• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Prep: Whats done/Whats left

I've got a few more things to do after this weekend:

301.jpg

-----Matt-----

Need:

Oil change
JKS mini skids and LCA bracket repair
Pull carrier to see why my rt front axle seal is leaking. It will be a busy few days.

Oh Rick...white Jeeps on their side is soooo 2006. :D

mikeh.jpg

Oil changed
Control arm bracket: re-welded
JKS mini skids: 1 of 2 installed. the rt bracket is too bent to get it on, will be replaced after Moab.

Fixing the axle seal this afternoon.

After that I think I'm ready.

I've got to put in a new D44 knuckle and reinstall the driveshaft after having it balanced. Might try and get the 2lo in the tcase.

Jeep it's not near completed with what I wanted to do (weld D&C cage), insatll rear bumper, mount spare (where's the best place?)charge the A/C (yeah I'm a wimp) change oil & filter. :repair:

Tow vehicle...just solved overheat problem, not got a full road test in. Needs to be packed. Tools spread all across garage.

Trailer...need to pick up, it's 60 miles away, since I'm borrowing it I will want to get the wheel bearings serviced before Saturday. yeah good luck. :passgas:

Traveling companions & plans...they are unraveling. Daughter's pregnant & cranky, S-I-L is whupped, elder parents panicking Mary and I won't be around. :banghead:

Play money credit card...it's maxxed. Economy uncertainy...what more can be said.....

.....Well, I'll be in Moab soon come hell or high water and looking forward to seeing some of the nicest people on earth! :sunshine:

Last edited:
High pressure power steering hose leak... DONE.

Leaking transmission gasket... DONE.

Adjust rear bump stops so aired down tires won't throw flares off... DONE.

Scrape off old, faded, worn out stickers from rear windows... DONE.

Pick up comp tickets to Danny Gans at the Mirage for tonight's show... DONE.

Put new stickers on... uh, um, geee, let's see... tomorrow?

Hood vents... clinic at Slickrock Campground.

1. Build rear bumper/tire carrier - Not gonna happen
2. Build new higher clearance crossmember - Not gonna happen
3. T-Case skid plate - Not gonna happen
4. Beef up LCA mounts - Not gonna bother
5. Move front swaybar forward an inch - Fixed sway bar rubbing another way
6. Consider installing stiffer springs in the front - Not gonna happen
7. Replace upper radiator hose that blew last night - This one will be done!

Replace the AC condenser and charge the AC Replaced condenser, friend has been too busy to charge system, also discovered and replaced bad water pump

Remove, repair, and re-install the front D44 ARB Done, also disovered and replaced bent alloy shaft

Re-engineer the front RE drop bracket/control arm suspension into a mid-arm 3-link. Not happening at this time

Remove Tomken rock rails, cut out rockers and weld rails in place, incorporating new front leaf spring mounts for longer leafs. Done

New 35" tires, or maybe open another can of worms and go 37s... Not happening at this time

Give the trailer a once-over. Done

1. Build rear bumper/tire carrier - Not gonna happen
2. Build new higher clearance crossmember - Not gonna happen
3. T-Case skid plate - Not gonna happen
4. Beef up LCA mounts - Not gonna bother
5. Move front swaybar forward an inch - Fixed sway bar rubbing another way
6. Consider installing stiffer springs in the front - Not gonna happen
7. Replace upper radiator hose that blew last night - This one will be done!

Good job Israel! :clap:

Replace the AC condenser and charge the AC Replaced condenser, friend has been too busy to charge system, also discovered and replaced bad water pump

Remove, repair, and re-install the front D44 ARB Done, also disovered and replaced bent alloy shaft

Re-engineer the front RE drop bracket/control arm suspension into a mid-arm 3-link. Not happening at this time

Remove Tomken rock rails, cut out rockers and weld rails in place, incorporating new front leaf spring mounts for longer leafs. Done

New 35" tires, or maybe open another can of worms and go 37s... Not happening at this time

Give the trailer a once-over. Done

Five minutes after I posted this, my buddy called so now I have ice cold AC.

But something in the driveline is making a clicking sound, so now I have something else to do tomorrow...

still need to install the gas tank, transfer case skid, both differential covers, and my CB radio, oh, and put all the interior back in after i gutted it 2 days ago to fix some rust. Shouldn't be a problem. :)

Back