• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOAB-2013

Looking forward to this trip. I've got tent site 157 since I don't want to haul the motorhome at 9mpg. Was at Moab last year with my WK and am really looking forward to wheeling with you all (in addition to my old norcal friends) and hit the hard stuff with the XJ.

Did somebody say caravan?

Last edited:
I'm in. Probably arrive Mon/Tues and leave Sunday.
The 25th was a great time.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this trip. I've got tent site 157 since I don't want to haul the motorhome at 9mpg. Was at Moab last year with my WK and am really looking forward to wheeling with you all (in addition to my old norcal friends) and hit the hard stuff with the XJ.

Did somebody say caravan?
If I can't find someone to trailer my heep, I'm down for this.

We will be heading to Vegas Oct 3rd, staying there a night or so. Then getting to SR camp sometime Sat.

Using UT Hwy 12 and 24 to go through Zion, Bryce, and Capital Reef National Parks is a very scenic drive either getting to Moab or coming home. Easily done in two days, just add a a day to the trip. Very scenic drive.

How'd you map all that out?

It can be done all in Google Maps. KMZ files can be exported from there to Google Earth too.

Using UT Hwy 12 and 24 to go through Zion, Bryce, and Capital Reef National Parks is a very scenic drive either getting to Moab or coming home. Easily done in two days, just add a a day to the trip. Very scenic drive.

Nice. The plan now is to hike Buckskin Gulch and Paria Canyon in two days on the way there if I can find someone to drive out and hike it with me. Grand Canyon for a night on the way back, then down to Tucson to get married on the 19th. This trip will be quite a bachelor party.

Back