• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOAB-2013

FYI, this goes for anyone in Socal. If my jeep is driveable at the end of the week, and yours isn't....yours will be on my trailer and you can drive mine home.

LOL. This is how we got Pauls junk home from Swamp this year....

I am open to it as well assuming who ever it is deals with all the tickets one will get driving a jeep in Utah without fenders and mudflaps.

I really want to go don't know any of you yet except brandon66 and peace frog. I'm going to goatfest and will see how my toy hauler handles the weight of the jeep. I used to have a 69 baja bug. I think the xj is double the weight.

I'd be down to caravan, ill plan on towing my trailer so will be forced to go a little slower.

right on. Maybe i will take my trailer if you are taking yours... we shall see. Thinking of not taking it but who knows.

Remember, at today's fuel costs and 13mpg, is should cost abut $509 to get there and back. Towing it would be slightly more with a jeep.

Remember, at today's fuel costs and 13mpg, is should cost abut $509 to get there and back. Towing it would be slightly more with a jeep.

i did my estimates at ronud 14 MPG's but and came up with 400 for gas to and from Moab. But i can see adding another 100 just in case. Add food and lodging and maybe (another 200 ), so i figure its gonna cost me anywhere from 700-1000 on this trip. Gotta start saving meow!

i did my estimates at ronud 14 MPG's but and came up with 400 for gas to and from Moab. But i can see adding another 100 just in case. Add food and lodging and maybe (another 200 ), so i figure its gonna cost me anywhere from 700-1000 on this trip. Gotta start saving meow!

yup. It is a fun trip. Totally worth it....like metal legs ;)

FYI, this goes for anyone in Socal. If my jeep is driveable at the end of the week, and yours isn't....yours will be on my trailer and you can drive mine home.

Find a two vehicle trailer yet to tow my heep too? Ha. I've been trying to track one down, but next oct is a long time away.

Find a two vehicle trailer yet to tow my heep too? Ha. I've been trying to track one down, but next oct is a long time away.

you will need a license upgrade for any trailer over 10K in CA

you will need a license upgrade for any trailer over 10K in CA

He might have a better class CADL, but he told me a while back that if I were to find a two vehicle trailer to use that he would tow my heep out to MOAB.

Thought this would be appropriate for this thread. I haven wheeled Moab yet and I want to make sure its around so I can in the future. Please do your part.

Companies like Patagonia, North Face, Teva, Jansport, Red Wing Shoes, Camelbak, Outdoor Research, and Burton Snowboards are trying to to close down Moab for 4wheel drivers.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...oying-our-recreational-lands-country/s6BHJcKn

hmm for the extra 30-50 bucks each way, almost makes more sense to tow the heep. especially with the risk of tickets for a not so legal rig.
i was getting 10mpg towing to truckhaven, being not so nice to it on the hills.

Thought this would be appropriate for this thread. I haven wheeled Moab yet and I want to make sure its around so I can in the future. Please do your part.

Companies like Patagonia, North Face, Teva, Jansport, Red Wing Shoes, Camelbak, Outdoor Research, and Burton Snowboards are trying to to close down Moab for 4wheel drivers.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...oying-our-recreational-lands-country/s6BHJcKn
very sad to see some of those companies on the list.

I really want to go don't know any of you yet except brandon66 and peace frog. I'm going to goatfest and will see how my toy hauler handles the weight of the jeep. I used to have a 69 baja bug. I think the xj is double the weight.

Duramax did good just nobody stop in front of me I need a landing strip to stop. Did great at 60 mph up cajon.

15k pounds of trailer is a lot to stop. i have a 3 axle 38' 5th wheel with brakes on all 3 axles. i used to tow it with a gas duelly. i never did feel the braking was all that great and had to rely on the trailer brakes way too much. i ended up getting an F550. the brakes are soooo much better than a one ton duelly brakes. i feel much safer now. BE VERY CAREFUL towing that rig dude. we want you safe.

15k pounds of trailer is a lot to stop. i have a 3 axle 38' 5th wheel with brakes on all 3 axles. i used to tow it with a gas duelly. i never did feel the braking was all that great and had to rely on the trailer brakes way too much. i ended up getting an F550. the brakes are soooo much better than a one ton duelly brakes. i feel much safer now. BE VERY CAREFUL towing that rig dude. we want you safe.

Oh yeah last trip I doubled my following distance. I due have the Allison it really helped coming down hill.

Back