• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab 2003 Trail Leaders needed

mbryson said:
I've got that GPS'd and know the way out of Pritchett fairly well, but I've been kind of intrigued to just run the canyon back out. The trip back down rockpile and down the little off-camber obstacle just before that make me a little nervous, but they might be fun.

This is what the off-camber spot looked like last week.
fc39d34c.jpg.orig.jpg

Well......I can´t lead (any of the official runs), since I will be in a rental TJ again this year. Jeff, Richard, just put me where you need me. Only thing I really want: a sundown run up Moab Rim.
Hagen

Hey Hagen! Perhaps this time we'd better get some 'rental Jeep black' paint and better tools for shaping metal. ;)

Tom

now that brings back a memory....
1052536862_rental02.jpg

Intermediate help

I would be willing to lead intermediate stuff. I am working on schedule but I am planning on being out there for whole time, plus some on the front end.

I plan to be at Tellico in July so I can talk to Sean and Woody about what I would be willing/able to do.

98XJ, locked at both ends, 32s, winch.

Also am willing to help with dinners etc if you need help there.

Well I'm not a NAXJA member, but I would be willing to help out with any trail that the Red Rock guys use on Easter week except Pritchett. My Jeep is set up pretty good and I have ran most of the trails at least once. Right now I'm planning on being there on Tues. and leaving on Sunday. I don't really want to lead but I will if need be, I would rather be a gunner either mid or tail.

I'd be more than happy to lead "Steel Bender" again or "Cliff Hanger" if it'll help.

The more I think about it, I think the Helldorado night run is gonna be mandatory. I'm wondering if the new competition area is open to the public. That would make for some fun after hours entertainment too.

Hagen, I'll let ya take the 'ol girl up potato salad this year if you promise not to break it in less than 100 yards of flat driving :D

Sean

I'll take an open passenger seat for a Helldorado or Pritchett night run. My little 32s and 1 locker probably aren't ready ;)

I can lead/assist on Poison Spider, Goldbar Rim, Porcupine or Amasa Back. I've done each of those at least 7-10 times each. Just let me know. I'm aslo game for helping out on some of the other trails as I've run most of the major ones out there with the exception of 4+ trails. On that note, I probably should sign up as a NAXJA member one of thse days, so jsut let me know what i need to do for that.

Wally

I can help leading or gunning on most Moab trails, especially the harder ones. I have been a Red Rock 4 Wheeler club member for years and have lead trails for them as recently as last April.
Just let me know if I can help.
I also happen to know a few great local trails that are not "on the map" that we could run with a small, extremely "dedicated" group of XJ wheelers...plus a few incredibly scenic "local" trails that will delight the milder crowds.
Drop me a line at [email protected] if I can help with this.
Thanks, and see you in Moab in October!
Dan Starc
89XJ

Dan Starc said:
I can help leading or gunning on most Moab trails, especially the harder ones. I have been a Red Rock 4 Wheeler club member for years and have lead trails for them as recently as last April.
Just let me know if I can help.
I also happen to know a few great local trails that are not "on the map" that we could run with a small, extremely "dedicated" group of XJ wheelers...plus a few incredibly scenic "local" trails that will delight the milder crowds.
Drop me a line at [email protected] if I can help with this.
Thanks, and see you in Moab in October!
Dan Starc
89XJ

I'm in on locals..........

I dig stuff that ain't "on the map". I'm not even close to being a local anymore and I'm outta the loop. Dan, I'm glad you're on board with us. I've always enjoyed checking out your creations.

Sean

I'm up to leading a trail again this year, but would anyone follow me over PSM/GS/GBR :rolleyes: .

Bones

Bones said:
I'm up to leading a trail again this year, but would anyone follow me over PSM/GS/GBR :rolleyes: .

Bones

No! :eek:

It was Beezil's fault!!!

Just remember who earned the Bonehead '02 award...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Bones

Bones said:

Bones

Just bring a spare XJ with you so I don't have to make another 270 mile parts run for your sorry :moon: .........you didn't even buy me a Frostie!!

Back