• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Midwest Craig's list Thread

Last edited:
Both the same links

Fixed.
:geek::badpc:

it's nice looking.
near identical to the bits in the uhaul. I see the hydroboost, that could be good or bad. teh disc setup on the uhaul was awesome. The drum brake hydro units are girling and the parts are dumb expensive.
7.3DI in MDT was massively detuned and there's pretty much no options to do anything with it, other than swap the entire thing to a powerstroke PCM. it does look to have a real transmission in it. So that's a big plus.

When these things are out there for 10K it makes me wonder why anyone would spend 25 on a used diesel 3/4 ton.

it's nice looking.
near identical to the bits in the uhaul. I see the hydroboost, that could be good or bad. teh disc setup on the uhaul was awesome. The drum brake hydro units are girling and the parts are dumb expensive.
7.3DI in MDT was massively detuned and there's pretty much no options to do anything with it, other than swap the entire thing to a powerstroke PCM. it does look to have a real transmission in it. So that's a big plus.

When these things are out there for 10K it makes me wonder why anyone would spend 25 on a used diesel 3/4 ton.

That truck should have a turbo with intercooler right?

mac 'it's a 96' gyvr

At the end of the day it will still ride like a lumber wagon. My 4700 IH grain truck has the 466 in it and they have loud air leaky cabs and ride like a stack of bricks. But at the end of the day, it is as reliable as the day is long and starts no matter the weather conditions......I still have a soft spot for crewcab IH's.

That truck should have a turbo with intercooler right?

mac 'it's a 96' gyvr

yeah, it's a DI 7.3.
Probably like 190HP. Depends on how it was ordered, but the split charge cooler only went on the lower HP trucks and that's what it looks to have. There's no aftermarket tuning for the IH PCM, so if you want a hot rod 7.3DI MDT you've got to swap the PCM and harness for the ford stuff.

Maybe if you're lucky you come across the high spec 7.3 IH ECU(230?), but it's unlikely. people specing MDTs with hi po engines when DT466 or DT530.
530's are monsters and factory specs are another 100 HP over an 8.3 for the HO version.

yeah, it's a DI 7.3.
Probably like 190HP. Depends on how it was ordered, but the split charge cooler only went on the lower HP trucks and that's what it looks to have. There's no aftermarket tuning for the IH PCM, so if you want a hot rod 7.3DI MDT you've got to swap the PCM and harness for the ford stuff.

Maybe if you're lucky you come across the high spec 7.3 IH ECU(230?), but it's unlikely. people specing MDTs with hi po engines when DT466 or DT530.
530's are monsters and factory specs are another 100 HP over an 8.3 for the HO version.

if i stopped by and looked at it, how could i tell if its high spec?

mac 'a sticker?' gyvr

Back